Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sle gauge cluster in my VH

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
hey guys
i bought a V8 SLE cluster and replaced it with brand new gauges and 6 cyl tach only thing i cant get to work properly is the lights like the background ones when parkers are ON and my oil pressure gauge i got the oil pressure sensor and i hooked up a wirer to the gauge but when i turn the car ON the oil pressure needle just goes straight to the other side of the gauge. When i turn my parkers on the lights for the heater controls come on and my console ones but the clock light dosnt and also the one for the rear demisters when u flick the switch P.S. before i replaced the cluster the lights worked in the original one so im just wondering if the SLE cluster had another wirer for the lights and also it has a fuel low light i found that out when i put a wirer on it from the tacho thinking it was the tacho terminal on there iv checked the fuses plenty of times and i no some of the lights work because the battery light comes on and that stays on aswell for some reson

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate With the oil light you need to chage the sender. The original sender is just a switch for the low oil pressure light that is either on or off that is why the gauge goes to the far side. The lights could be the dash light control knob next to the light switch. Try just slowing moving it around till your lights come on.

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
Mate With the oil light you need to chage the sender. The original sender is just a switch for the low oil pressure light that is either on or off that is why the gauge goes to the far side. The lights could be the dash light control knob next to the light switch. Try just slowing moving it around till your lights come on.

umm iv tryed moving that control nob nothing happens i cant work out y im thinking there could be a diffrence in the SLE wiring harness the the SL's

tha goviner

Reaction score
i know the sle loom is different just cant remember how, it could just be that gray wire as most of the one's i have looked at are stuffed

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
i know the sle loom is different just cant remember how, it could just be that gray wire as most of the one's i have looked at are stuffed

i atully circut tested the grey single wirer and it has power when the switch is flicked on but i cant work out why its not making the lights turn on on the cluster unless its the main plug

codfishface

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK SL - 79 VB 253
Multiple issues make baby Jesus cry.

Break it down.

Battery Light is alternator warning. Forget the color coding. Splice into the original.

Demister Light turning on with Parkers? You can sort that one.

Dash Lights not coming on but console and AC is? Source the power for your dash from there. Include the dimmer tho.

Just Do It. There isn't a manual for Modding this stuff.

tha goviner

Reaction score
m only what has happened to my vb,c,h's, if all else fails do what codfishface said there isnt that many wires for the old girls