Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VB-VK] Sle window trim problem

82 vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh
Hi fellas& girls, im looking to fit alluminum sle window trim to my vh slx, do i need different windscreen rubber as sle trim seems a lot wider than the old factory mylar stuff on my car, any help would ne much appreciated!

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Yep, the SL/E & SS had different windscreen rubbers to the rest (the SS had the same trim as the SL/E but black anodised instead of chrome).

Every other luxury level had a wider plastic key-strip.

Chris1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, Vh sle
Ok people I have a Vh commodore in pretty bad condition but has I’d tags on there an was wondering if people can help me out with what I might have
Model Vh8vk69-167
Body number 561026-a
Trim 1991-74v
Paint 1j 032-d
Eng L14
Trans M40
Axel GU4
Any help would be appreciated thanks

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
Hi fellas& girls, im looking to fit alluminum sle window trim to my vh slx, do i need different windscreen rubber as sle trim seems a lot wider than the old factory mylar stuff on my car, any help would ne much appreciated!
give rare spares ago they stock full rubber screen seal kits up Vk and sle etc or give resto country a try
I hope you still have the old chrome inserts as they don't sell them.( have the plastic stuff but)
I think. ( rare spares)
ps. will not be cheap!