Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleep Apnoea

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And therein lies the difference, will power.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Interesting my Dr said I may have sleep apnea as I'm always tired. He said that after 20 years or so you just get used of being continually tired. I've been tired over 30 years.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Interesting my Dr said I may have sleep apnea as I'm always tired. He said that after 20 years or so you just get used of being continually tired. I've been tired over 30 years.

Well get the sleep test done asap.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well get the sleep test done asap.

Will at some stage, I've lived with it for over 30 years, another few months won't hurt. Wife said she won't sleep in the same room if I have one hooked up making noise all night. I might have to wait a few years until her eldest moves out and use the spare room when it becomes available.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Will at some stage, I've lived with it for over 30 years, another few months won't hurt. Wife said she won't sleep in the same room if I have one hooked up making noise all night. I might have to wait a few years until her eldest moves out and use the spare room when it becomes available.

With all due respect to your wife, but has she actually had experience with these machines operating for her to make this comment?

Is she a light sleeper? Not to sure how noisy these machines are, as I have never asked a couple of people I know use them, hence these questions...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
She is a light sleeper who has trouble sleeping herself. I don't know if she knows anyone with one. I certainly don't.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
You would do well to have a read of the effects of sleep apnea particularly when you get older. Sleep apnea can have serious ramifications for your health. Have you tried sleeping on your side? A night at a sleep apnea clinic would be a good idea. Then you will know how serious your problem is. Waiting a few years is not a good idea.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apparently they send the machine home with you for your test. Sleep on both sides and back. I get sore during the night so have to change positions fairly regularly.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've always put it down to thinking too much...... I'm normally ok Sat mornings as I sleep in until 9.30-10.00. That normally catches me up then get bad again by Wed/Thurs. Never sleep great any night of the week though, but hey I don't know any adults who do.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Apparently they send the machine home with you for your test. Sleep on both sides and back. I get sore during the night so have to change positions fairly regularly.
I went to the sleep department at the P.A. hospital in Brisbane. I was fitted with a mask and had wires taped to my body and monitored for the night. I was surprised I got any sleep at all. I had the nurse take a photo of me. A sight to behold.