Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleep Apnoea

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Will at some stage, I've lived with it for over 30 years, another few months won't hurt. Wife said she won't sleep in the same room if I have one hooked up making noise all night. I might have to wait a few years until her eldest moves out and use the spare room when it becomes available.

Mate the Phillips dream station is silent. Certain masks are silent

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Apparently they send the machine home with you for your test. Sleep on both sides and back. I get sore during the night so have to change positions fairly regularly.

It is not the best nights sleep but they only need a short snap of data. With me they got it the first night between 12 and 1:30am. The rest of the night was not sleep.

My AHI goes from 50 to 1 with my APAP machince. Biggest issue with the machine is mask seal but there is 11enty videos on youtube about masks. And most sleep doctors crank the pressure up for the first two weeks with APAP machines to see how you react but you only need 10 to 11 for most people. The machine records your AHI so if the pressure is too low just keep upping it untill your AHI gets below 5.

I can tell you likely have obstructive apnea as you're restless at night. That is like me but when I use the machine I sleep dead still.
Like I said though biggest issue is the mask because if it keeps leaking it wakes me then makes the whole exercise pointless. But I'm getting a Mirage Quattro soon to give a test run which hopefully solves my mask leak issues. Also nasal masks can leak through your throat which is very noisy.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You would do well to have a read of the effects of sleep apnea particularly when you get older. Sleep apnea can have serious ramifications for your health. Have you tried sleeping on your side? A night at a sleep apnea clinic would be a good idea. Then you will know how serious your problem is. Waiting a few years is not a good idea.

When I use my machine I feel 1000x better after only 3 days of use. I'm currently waiting for a new mask atm so I haven't used it for about 4 days now and I feel very tired and worn out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
.... or he's just stressed about work if he sleeps fine on the weekend.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
.... or he's just stressed about work if he sleeps fine on the weekend.
And that was my thoughts too Mort. Even though my Doc said I have the type of body that can cause this, he didn't discount the other reasons I can't sleep, Which I believe is thinking about my problems the moment there is nothing else around to distract me.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And that was my thoughts too Mort. Even though my Doc said I have the type of body that can cause this, he didn't discount the other reasons I can't sleep, Which I believe is thinking about my problems the moment there is nothing else around to distract me.

I have similar issues, If my mind is active before I go to bed I'll not sleep all night. Many things can cause sleepless nights but figure it out and once your mind is at ease things will improve.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
12, 24 or 36 hours?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride