Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas "New" 2010 VE SS Sportwagon

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Started clay barring the wagon yesterday for a few hours, then just finished it off today.
I used Dodo Juice Gentle Grey if anyone is interested.

The reason I clay barred it even after I used the Clay Towel thing is the actual clay is much stickier and removes some more contaminants, but the clay towel removed the bulk of it so my clay lasts longer.

Anyway, the whole wagon is super smooth now. Including the glass, lights and smooth plastic.

KuhdliZ.jpg

iZbmJgp.jpg

Ready to start the long multi step polishing process.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I realised last week on my first outing that the front aux input is absolutely horrendous! I first thought the stereo was crap but after putting in some CDs I realised the Aux was to blame.
Anyway, went straight to ASL Automedia and bought the rear aux patch lead with 2x USB ports.
Received it today and had it installed in a very short amount of time.

If anyone is interested not only does it work very well, but the instructions are idiot proof, and all plugs were spot on. Price was decent as well.

Now I can listen to my music through bluetooth from my phone at very near CD quality, while it charges. Should make my road trip a bit nicer.

Also I was testing out the DVD head rests and they all work, apart from issues with the sound/ headphone jack. The speakers are active all the time, even when you plug in some headphones (which have their own problem - the connection seems a bit dodgy).
So ripped them open, cut off the speaker wires in there and put them back together. So no speakers now. Which is good since I don't think I could stand someone watching something right behind my head while I try to listen to music.

Gonna get an adapter or 2 and can most likely get the headphone jack working properly again too.

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
So found a solution for the DVD screens and the headphone issue, got a bunch of connectors together and tapped them all up with electrical tape! :rolleyes:
But they work so that's good.

I did start giving the paint a bit of a cut a week ago, the rear and passenger side are looking a lot better but heaps to go.
But as the time to leave on my break (road trip) is getting super close some things are being skipped for now, polishing for one. It can be done afterwards.

I actually had a day off today, so decided to do a few things that have been on my list.
So in no particular order I

Cleaned the OTR, air filter and throttle body
Oiled the K&N Filter
Bought and installed a new cabin filter (the old once was really filthy)
Bought and installed some Narva +130 Globes
Steam cleaned the interior
Protected the Seats with Gyeon Leather Coat
Finally cleaned the Windows
and applied some Gyeon preserve on all the interior plastics trim.

Just got to give it a wash and then its ready for a nice good 3000km test drive :D