Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas VR Caprice Wagon Build

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Well, the power seats and Caprice Body loom are out. Just have to swap it into the wagon.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Body loom, BCM and Caprice Dash is in the wagon. Still got to connect a few more plugs but so far so good.

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Completely agree with you there.
I reckon with the Caprice Badge and Woodgrain it looks awesome.

As long as I don't get any work booked in this week I should be able to get a lot more done :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good to see you pressing on.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Little bit of progress.
Removed the seats, carpet, and seat belts out of the Wagon and Caprice. Changed the Key heads for the wagon over to the Caprice ones.

Then spent half an hour getting confused with the differences between the VR wagon Rear body loom and VS Caprice rear loom. Found out that the plugs are different between them, I Looked at the manual I had, which was basically useless so just did the best I could.

I wanted to use the Caprice Electric seats wiring as it has the memory function so I thought the easiest way about all this was splicing that and the RH side power windows into the Wagon rear body loom. Seems to have worked so far. There are still a couple of wires to connect up but I think i'm good.

Also had to make a couple of extension looms for the engine bay wiring as the VS body loom is shorter then the VR one here. Lucky I had a whole bunch of parts looms so found the plugs I needed and hooked it all up. Tried starting it and security gets disabled, it cranks but doesn't start, may be fuel pump related, or VR/VS differences, will check out next.

Pic of what it looks like now.

And some of the cash I have found under the seats and carpet of the caprice.

Nearly enough to buy a 6 pack of beer

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
No pics, as it looks the same. But I did finish off the body loom wiring and tidied it all up, and sorted out the no start issue.
Also hooked up the wiring for the LPG again, think I did a better job then the original installer.

At the moment I'm using a VR Statesman BCM (out of the ute, it has now got the VS BCM and ECU in it) as it works well with the VR ECU.
Once I get the 5L in I will put the VS Gear back into it.

So anyway, it starts, runs and everything so far seems to work except the Climate control, seems like there is just no power to it at all so it should be easy enough fix.

Now that the electrical side is basically done I can do some more fun stuff where I can take photos again, like interior trim :)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
U must be confident on the wiring side of things. Good work yet again.

I know a little, I'm not an expert by any means but I know enough to do a decent job. It's all pretty easy really, just take it one wire at a time.

Little update,
Removed the pinstripes off the LH side

And the Holden emblem

Installed the Front height adjustable seat belts

And did a little more with the dash

Also Shampooed the Caprice carpet so once that's dry I will install it into the wagon. It is so thick and plush! :)
And in great condition for a 20 year old car, no worn patches or anything.

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Double post