Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas VR Caprice Wagon Build

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Are you going to keep lower half of the car white, or will you paint it silver like the statesmans have?

IMO, the lower lip, fog lights and caprice grille are necessities ;)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Are you going to keep lower half of the car white, or will you paint it silver like the statesmans have?

IMO, the lower lip, fog lights and caprice grille are necessities ;)

Well, just got to find myself a lower lip then ;)
And, yep, the lower half is going to be the same silver as the Statesmans and Caprice.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bonnet and Caprice Grille found its way on today.

Then I cut out the holes for the Foglights. Tried tin snips and scissors first which worked ok, then thought maybe i'd heat it up with a heat gun and use an olfa knife. Easy as, like a hot knife through butter, and a very nice finish.

Foglights, indicators in and front bar on and adjusted

Also changed the drivers side door handle and lock from the Caprice over so the locks will match. And test fitted the trolley stripes.

Last edited:

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
damn man. You get things done quick. Ive still got a water pump to install that i have been putting off since January, I just keep topping up the coolant haha. Front end looks good :thumbsup:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
damn man. You get things done quick. Ive still got a water pump to install that i have been putting off since January, I just keep topping up the coolant haha. Front end looks good :thumbsup:

Cheers :) Plenty of practice and the benefits of running my own business, only need to work when I have work effectively, and I usually get a few hours each day free too.
My other cars aren't getting much done though, still got to do a lot of maintenance on the Berlina Wagon and I haven't really even started work on the Impala.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Can`t wait for finish good luck.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fitted the LH front and Rear Power windows today.
I found that with the front windows if you use packing tape to hold the window up you can easily install the lot by yourself.

Tried fitting the Back RH mechanism and it broke on me :(
I looked through my spare pile of parts and found that the only other RH rear regulator I had was also broken, snapped wire. The LH one was perfect, so took them both apart and replaced the cable in them, which was a good idea as the original ones were badly frayed and kinked.

That's where I'm at now. The RH side should hopefully go in now without any issue, just got to wait for some more time to fit them.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I didn't know it was possible to replace the cable! are they easy to pull apart? the left rear window in mine grinds heaps because the cable's frayed and I thought I'd have to replace the whole thing

Got any pics?

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
I didn't know it was possible to replace the cable! are they easy to pull apart? the left rear window in mine grinds heaps because the cable's frayed and I thought I'd have to replace the whole thing

Got any pics?

+1 Would be interested to know for when the time inevitably comes. But by the time the cable is frayed wouldn't the motor be close to the end of its life? Also, i did my waterpump today. I guess seeing how much you get done in a day motivated me to get my ass into gear. (1st gear only)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
+1 Would be interested to know for when the time inevitably comes. But by the time the cable is frayed wouldn't the motor be close to the end of its life? Also, i did my waterpump today. I guess seeing how much you get done in a day motivated me to get my ass into gear. (1st gear only)

First gear is still a gear ;)

I guess it depends on how much it is used, but the motor can be replaced as well anyway. I will grab some pics of the parts ones I have and put them up. It is a little bit of a pain to roll it back on the barrel as it has to be TIGHT, but do-able.