Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleeper Project / Ratty Vc

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
So couldnt help myself, another Vc wagon turned up on auction over here so i watched it for a few weeks & watched the asking price drop & drop. I ended up snapping it up for $250, the owner had left it at her friends farm when she went away to work elsewhere & ended up passing away from cancer so this has sat in the same spot untouched since. The family instructed the friend to move it on so that was lucky for me, it's only done 144k. It was 3 & a half hours drive down to where it was so shot down this past weekend with the trailer, tried to start it with no joy so winched it on the trailer. Got it home cleaned the points & chucked some old plugs in it & it went 1st kick of the key, so got that motor & box up for sale now. It's got the little 1.9 4 cylinder 4 speed boat anchor in it haha.....
So the plan for this is leave it 100% stock looking & bang a V6 & auto in it, i've got a disck brake diff sitting here ready with a wagon efi tank & lines & 3 Vn commodores i'm parting out so wont take me much. Also got a V6 conversions loom from over your guys way so only thing i'll have to sort is the speedo with the speed sensor.
Given the body a good look over & bugger all rust to contend with, way less than the other 1 i'm still working on, left rear quarter behind the moulding & left front sill need work other wise shes solid as so over the next few weeks between paying jobs i'll sling this jigsaw puzzle together :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I'll get some updated pics on this soon, got the seats & carpets out. Floors sweet as in this one, was a bit of surface rust but cleaned that up & am in the process of painting the floor with Por15. It's coming up mint, just about to but a box of dynamat type stuff & new carpets for her as well. Sold the 4 cylinder diff so thats coming out this week, bought a set of cop rims for her to. Might give the sleeper look away a bit but i'll run them with hubcaps for a while, well better get back to it i'll chuck some pics up in a day or so.......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Drivers side floor cleaned up & a coat of POR15 on it, do one more coat tomorrow then thats that side finished :yeah:
You'll see there to i sorted the drivers seat cracked floor problem all these old girls have, fixed the cracks then welded in Vk commodore seat strengthener plates. Problem solved.....

Lonepine

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK Commodore Executive
loved the photo of the dinky little engine!

How much room is there - need something to fill that space.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
loved the photo of the dinky little engine!

How much room is there - need something to fill that space.

Yeah they're a boat anchor those 4 bangers, surprisingly i just sold it for $170 on an auction site over here so that's coming out this week. Sold the diff to a stock car guy for $100 so that's a free wagon sitting here now, only paid $250 for it...
Scored a low 190k 3.8 Vp engine & trans for it that's sitting on the floor waiting & got a Vs Lsd diff to go in the rear so should go mint, got a set of headers as well.
Got the dynamat type stuff here & bought new carpets for this so she'll start going together pretty soon :rockon:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well 4 bangers out & gone, good ridance to that pile of pooos. Looks like i got a nice blank canvas to work with now, will be getting stuck in between paying work.....

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I remember when I was about 12 or 13 my old man picked up a VC wagon with the 4 cylinder & auto in it from the auctions cheap as it had rear quarter damage.
As he was running a wrecking yard at the time and had a pretty much endless supply of parts and panels, we bought, fixed and sold quite a few cars during my teen years
To date this is only the second 4 cylinder one I have ever seen, honestly don't know if there were very few built or most of the 4 bangers got tossed for a 6
From memory I think the engine was called the Starfire 4 too

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah starfire 4 , basically a 173 holden 6 with 2 cylinders lopped off the front. There was plenty of these made over here but they were a massive failure, gutless & not economical either. Most were repowered with a 6 or 8, i'm sure glad this ones now history. Time to put some power between the rails haha

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Diff is in this & been collecting goodies, bought another Vp with a real low k'd engine fitted in it plus the vp has V8 brakes front & rear so will be chucking all that in shortly. Been collecting bits & pieces here & there, new carpets here & a lot more goodies. Was a bit worried the other day had a good earthquake here which threw her quarter the way across the shed but luckily no damage......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Got made a wicked offer for this so sold it but just over a year later i spotted it with a new owner so hit him up & got it back for way less than i sold it for so just going to chuck it together soon. Wont be selling it again i no that much.....