Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slider yoke bush or bearing

DJLNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Hey there my slider yoke bush is gone some one took it out and put a rubber glove in its place I bought the car thinking rubber joint gone Boy was i wrong Its for a 5 speed getrag The slider yoke and bush are now obsolete My question is can u just buy the bush or bearing Has anynone changed the slider yoke to another type eg auto got a unversial joint but no speed gear on it witch i could change Just need a bit of advice first Can u get a bush made or is it a bearing that goes onto the spigot onthe tail shaft Have surched net but cant find a break down of slider yoke Thanks in advance for any info

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Last edited:

DJLNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
thanks for all the help the slip yoke has a bush aprox a inch long Ive used a yoke of a auto and done away with the big rubber donut not sure of name Then had to put speed gear on yoke with a collar welded on to take up diffrence So now just need to replace joint when it playes up Cheers