Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sliding Center Console

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS
Hello from Lizard Spit, Arizona.

Anyway, I was looking for any reviews or opinions on the 'sliding center console'. Just ordered one for my 2017 Chevy SS (VFII) with the hope that it may be marginally more useful in the extended position. I miss not having an armrest, so I decided to bite the $ bullet. Can't tell by the photos whether it adds any height, but I suppose I could add some foam and recover it.

Last edited:
M

mwb235

I can’t offer much in the way of reviews, but I plan to fit one of these VE sliding centre console armrests to my VF soon. It might be a while as I’m thinking of custom retrimming the seats & door trims etc. I’d prolly have the console armrest done at same time. When it’s all done I’ll take some pics, but in the meantime hopefully someone else can help you.

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS
I can’t offer much in the way of reviews, but I plan to fit one of these VE sliding centre console armrests to my VF soon. It might be a while as I’m thinking of custom retrimming the seats & door trims etc. I’d prolly have the console armrest done at same time. When it’s all done I’ll take some pics, but in the meantime hopefully someone else can help you.

I'm planning the same thing'. I already installed Recaro seats and ordered matching fabric for the rear bench. I do plan on covering the console lid, and possibly the door panels as well. Paying for the minimum 5-meter roll of Recaro fabric is painful.

Last edited:
M

mwb235

I’m gonna do my interior with velour in the centres and a quality hard wearing cloth on bolsters. Probably do the door trim armrests and the centre console armrest in cloth as well. It just wears better. Personally I can’t stand leather in cars! Not to mention the cost.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Which VE had the sliding console, was it the Calais?
I had an SSV and Thunder SS and don’t recall them having it.

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS
I’m gonna do my interior with velour in the centres and a quality hard wearing cloth on bolsters. Probably do the door trim armrests and the centre console armrest in cloth as well. It just wears better. Personally I can’t stand leather in cars! Not to mention the cost.

I agree, today's leather is processed to the point of feeling like vinyl and it sweats just as bad. I opted for the combo of the leather side-bolsters with fabric center sections. It was a tad less expensive; if that can be said with Recaro seats.

M

mwb235

Which VE had the sliding console, was it the Calais?
I had an SSV and Thunder SS and don’t recall them having it.

My ‘08 series 1 Calais V had one. I’m not sure about which others though.

M

mwb235

I agree, today's leather is processed to the point of feeling like vinyl and it sweats just as bad. I opted for the combo of the leather side-bolsters with fabric center sections. It was a tad less expensive; if that can be said with Recaro seats.

Nice. I wish I could afford Recaros. I’ll just re-use my existing Calais V foams (they’re all in good condition, just some of the leather covers are stained, cracked, or out of shape). The beige/cream Alcantra seat strips and the white stitching just aren’t practical either!

Gmac 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-R Manual PBM Ute
I fitted the sliding one out of me previous VE. The leather is different, harder and grainy. It doesn't slide forward quite enough to cover cup holders completely. (Not a biggy) It's higher than stock vinyl VE one, but similar to stock VF one. I fitted it for the same reason as on the VE, that being comfort between gear changes with the manual. I have planned to re-cover it in factory leather as soon as I can figure how to get it apart without damage. I think I know how, but would appreciate any info....

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS
I fitted the sliding one out of me previous VE. The leather is different, harder and grainy. It doesn't slide forward quite enough to cover cup holders completely. (Not a biggy) It's higher than stock vinyl VE one, but similar to stock VF one. I fitted it for the same reason as on the VE, that being comfort between gear changes with the manual. I have planned to re-cover it in factory leather as soon as I can figure how to get it apart without damage. I think I know how, but would appreciate any info....

Thanks for the input. I should receive my slider this coming week, and I also want to re-upholster with the matching fabric. When you figure out how to apply the new covering; please share with pics.