Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slight damp smell...

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
Hey guys,

I've noticed the last week when I get in the car I can smell a slight damp odour.

It has been raining a lot here this week but all the seals look pretty dry. The front windscreen seal is loose since my respray so I've used little pieces of tape (yeah yeah) to keep it on until I get around to reattaching it but it looks dry around there.

I've quickly looked at my heater core..anywhere in particular they leak from?

Thanks
Clacks

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Do a search on this forum for "boot leak" you'll most probably find that your leak and smell will be around the back of the car.

It's common for most commodores to have a leak into the boot, normally caused by the rear 1/4 windows or tail lights.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
DaPlaya said:
Do a search on this forum for "boot leak" you'll most probably find that your leak and smell will be around the back of the car.

It's common for most commodores to have a leak into the boot, normally caused by the rear 1/4 windows or tail lights.

What he said.....:dance: :thumbsup: :bow:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ditto.....

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It can also be caused simply by your wet feet/boots draining water onto the carpet - if you get in/out of your car 6 times a day with wet boots it probably equals half a cup of water. But the boot also is the prime suspect.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yep. first time i pulled out my spare wheel i was greeted with what could only be described as papertowel dust and water that closly resembled nearly liquid baby ****. even smelt like it >.< was rank, used a roll and a half of hand towels to cleat it