Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slimline Subs

Which slimline sub is the best for loud,booming,deep bass?

• Alpine Type R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpine Type S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey guys just wondering for a VY commodore ute what slimline will be LOUD and bassy when i want it to be, yet blend well when i don't want it pounding.
I've got a sealed enclosure for behind my seat which will fit any slimline sub, its 0.96 cu,ft.... and max mounting depth of about 5-5/12 inches

i like the alpine type R but its a tad expensive so i've downgraded to the type S (what are your thoughts) or the kicker CVT (thoughts on this) i'm also open to everyones suggestions...

i like to listen to RnB and Rap with deep, low, rolling bass, please help me out, much thanks...

here are links to all my options:

-Alpine Type S
Alpine Electronics of Australia

-Kicker CVT
CompVT | KICKER

- and here is the enclosure i have
ASC002A Ute Subwoofer Enclosure

any help with some good amps and speakers you have herd also would be great cheers

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You going to struggle to get serious output out of any <1cu ft sealed enclosure, unless you have a very serious sub, capable of taking a lot of power. I can't think of a slimline sub on the market that falls into that category, it's just not what they do.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
is there any way of fitting a full size 12" into the cab without sacrificing leg room? or would two 10" slimlines be any better?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If you put the sub behind the seat then of course you are sacrificing leg room, it dosen't matter where you put it, it takes up space......

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i know but, would there still be alot of leg room?

besides the point, im aiming to start it off with a slimline sub, i want to upgrade later and do the whole system with tones of money, like make nice shelfs and stuff for the amps, what i need for now is just the best slimline i can get, one that will thump.... ive herd people say they can....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Your really not going into much detail with any of your threads or posts. How would we know if you will have sufficient leg room? You could be 7ft tall or you might be a midget.....

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
midget bowling :) a sport the whole family can enjoy..

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
okay well heres the thing, i just need to know about what is a great slimline sub that will fit into the enclosure listed... and will sound good

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
The kicker CVT can be bought with a slimline box which was pretty thin, maybe 15cm. Had one in my vs.