Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slot car sets - own up if you had/got one

ghog1726

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Exec
I'm only 19 but i had an AFX Thunderloop thriller i remember that, was great fun. Still have it somewhere

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
Yeah im 16 had an AFX one since i was little still got it in a cupboard somewhere.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
yeah i have 2 still and im only 18..i had the bathurst one and the one that went up the wall..think its called the thunderloop thriller?..anyways i used to sit there for hours making differnt tracks and wat not..cleaned the tracks with a rubber eraser so the cars had better contact and everything:p

and i never did it but was told if u took a few coils out of the copper coil they went even faster?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
yeah i have 2 still and im only 18..i had the bathurst one and the one that went up the wall..think its called the thunderloop thriller?..anyways i used to sit there for hours making differnt tracks and wat not..cleaned the tracks with a rubber eraser so the cars had better contact and everything:p

and i never did it but was told if u took a few coils out of the copper coil they went even faster?

those AFX cars are tiny, how would you be able to make changes to the motor without wrecking the whole car? anyway i think it was best you didnt try...

GREGWATKINS75

05 VZS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ S ALLOYTEC 190
got a few meters upstairs to.. afx and scaleletrix... with the afx if you get some tweasers you can unwind the motor, then turn on 3 or so turns of heavy gauge wire,, for insane speed, they dont last long though, usually end in a cloud of smoke after 20 or 30 minutes, but they are eay enuff to built,,, and the hot wheels speed radar gun thing is great to mesure there speed,,, fastest so far is 1160 scale kms an hour.... oh im 34 by the way, just havent grown up

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
got a few meters upstairs to.. afx and scaleletrix... with the afx if you get some tweasers you can unwind the motor, then turn on 3 or so turns of heavy gauge wire,, for insane speed, they dont last long though, usually end in a cloud of smoke after 20 or 30 minutes, but they are eay enuff to built,,, and the hot wheels speed radar gun thing is great to mesure there speed,,, fastest so far is 1160 scale kms an hour.... oh im 34 by the way, just havent grown up

thats wat i was talking about to make them go faster haha

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Im 24 and gave my afx tracks to my nephew then about 3 months later found the 05 brock car out side and and half the track turned in to a tonka truck jump so now it all sitting back in the shed

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
21, got a Scalectrix set. Dunno how many metres, but would do me enough. 2x V8 Supercars, one Dick Johnson Ford, one some random Nokia racing.

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
i'm 22 and a manager of a hobbie store, Scalextric FTW