Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slot car sets - own up if you had/got one

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yep, bathurst one here. Also have hornby trains.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I have about 100 metres worth of track (2 sets and some extra's)

Had it setup in the spare room at my old house, but cbf getting it out again for 5 minutes of fun. If back in the box sitting in a cupboard at my parents house.

Had a shitload of trains, but forgot them when i moved out of a mates place.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Have a few afx sets in a cupboard at mums place somewhere, along with random bits and heaps of cars.
When we were kids we used to all get together, combine sets and make massive tournaments.
Hmm...maybe I should hunt them down and take them to my place

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Im 24 and gave my afx tracks to my nephew then about 3 months later found the 05 brock car out side and and half the track turned in to a tonka truck jump so now it all sitting back in the shed

kids today...no respect! (just kidding) i would have done the same as you. i hope the Brockmobile wasnt damaged.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I had a hugeee santa fe setup when I was younger but wrecked it (as kids do)
Now I regret it :(

I recon bring back the matchbox cars! Now days hotwheels actually does lead the way lol. And hotwheels is ****!
Matchbox used to be the lead brand and design but now their just plastic metal crap.

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
ive still got the AFX bathurst set with one ford and one holden, I used to put the holden shell (brock 05 car) on the faster chassis he he.
got a 10 month old, I plan on passing it onto him when hes old enough.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
also got heaps of the stuff, had a massive setup at the last house with paper mache hills and stuff but it all fell to bits when we moved. Still have all the pieces and a massive new shed so a new setup is certainly in order....

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I had the Dukes of Hazard set complete with the General Lee, cop car and a ramp. My brother built a power supply for it so it would not eat through so many D cells but he mucked it up and the cars could barely take the corners.

Mike

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
Used to have some scaletrix gear as well as cars we used to take to race on bigger tracks in town, everytime I start looking at a set my wife drags me away

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
I still have about 30 metres of scalextric in the cupboard. Been offered thousands for it. I plan on making a major train/slot car setup using paper mache once the new house is built.

There is a guy around my suburb who will go to every garage sale (early in the morning) just to see if people have the old style scalextric slot cars/tracks. He always has a nice bundle of cash.

Dad has got some real old ones that he had when he was a wee fella (40+ yrs old this stuff is.) and will not sell it.

Ive had one when i was younger, but dont remember where it went.