Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slotted rotors

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If I was to get new rotors, what would I choose for my V8 VK? Standard, slotted or slotted/drilled? What would be the benefits of the three?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
They say the crossed drilled rotors are prone to crack. Me personally i would get slotted rotors.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
slotted are the way to go, for the VK V8, use DBA DIB015...

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
yeah i would go for the slotted too, the cracking you would probably only see in a race application, but the fact the slotted rotors are rated for racing and the drilled ones arn't is good enough reason ... when i ordered the above pictured rotors there was a 2 month wait for slotted or slotted and drilled were available for no extra cost, so i figured why not!

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I suggest you buy Slotted, I cracked my first set of rotors which were cross drilled, I them picked up my HDT V8 slotted rotors and calipers (Up for sale by the way), now im running VZ Monaro brakes. I eventually will get slotted rotors if I require it again.

cheers
Scott

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i went to the hsv web site and had a look at some of photos of their brake setups and they have the brake rotor going against the pad you can see this by the way the hsv caliper is sitting and by the way the hsv is stamped onto the caliper hope this helps mate

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
hey scott, the only difference to the monaro brakes is the rears are vented yeah ?
Yeah plus each side of the rotor is a hell of alot thicker as well. Im currently considering adapting a twinspot setup to the rear if i go to 343mm fronts I have access to a pair of 6 spot calipers. Im going to wait till i get the car on the road and see how it stops

cheers
Scott