Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slow Oil Leak behind ecu svz ute

HektikStrapz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute
How are we all guys?

I've got a very slow oil leak coming from the 2 sensors behind the ecu at the front of the block, my question is what are these? Cam position sensors? I've done quick searches but no straight answer

I just wanna be sure i'm buying the right seals before I do, or if anyone has had the same drama could they link me the right part?

Cheers guys

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
if its leaking from that sensor, , just degrease the area ,then undo retaining bolt , pull out sensor a little bit, and put a little bit of sillocon around it, put back in , with the bolt nipped up should be all good I just done mine yesterday there is no seal there, don't tighten bolts to tight

Last edited:

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
if its leaking from that sensor, , just degrease the area ,then undo retaining bolt , pull out sensor a little bit, and put a little bit of sillocon around it, put back in , with the bolt nipped up should be all good I just done mine yesterday there is no seal there

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have pics on my phone but saying file to big

Last edited:

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I also have a small leak from the front of the engine from behind one of the pulleys. It looks like some sort of sensor that's leaking around it

HektikStrapz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute
Cheers for the replies guys, i'm away at work at the moment so I wont be able to get a pic up for about 6 days till i get home

I don't think it's the timing cover seal but I could be wrong, i'm 99 percent sure it's coming from those 2 sensors