Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slower of the mark now

garlicbreadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
my vs executive v6 used to be nice and snappy of the mark but has lost that punch of the mark all of a sudden its had a full service 7500km ago new leads plugs oil only got 76 000 km got any ideas

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Needs another service,every 5000kms could be the injectors need to be cleaned.Did the transmission get serviced if its an auto?

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
7500 kms is a long time, or distance for that matter.

Remove, clean and refit your plugs.

Remove and clean the throttle body, be sure to remove the sensors before using any degreaser as it can stuff them up (Throttle position sensor and Idle Air Control)

Take the lid off of your plenum, plug the inlets with rags, use degreaser and clean rags to clean the inside of your plenum (Not much of a gain unless it is really bad)

Check your air filter too, oh and remove the engine fuse, try to crank the engine for a few seconds and replace the fuse again to reset your ECU.

I know that there is allot more you can do, but that is a start.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
They can happily go 10,000ks without a service, this is what is in the owners service book in 10,000k intervals.... Although a lot of people prefer to do them every 5000ks.

garlicbreadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i was thinking maybe the plugs aswell my oldman got it serviced before he gave it to me checked the invoice for the service and they used cheap plugs i will replace them whith a good brand and clean the injectors and check aircleaner a girl hit my car around the same time i got it back from the panelbeaters i notice it slower of the mark i was thinking they usually diconect the battery when they work on them i thought about reseting the ecu because i did drive like an old man when first got it back guess i will find out if it works ive thought it was a bit of a mith that it really works thanks for the info hope it works it used to spin of the mark which i like

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
It could possibly be one of the injectors,if you take them out and send them away to get cleaned the car will have its take off power restored