Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sluggish off the mark while engine warmed up

CoreyKiddVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore OMEGA LE0
hey guys. This is my first post. I have a VZ Commodore Berlina v6 LE0. Car runs great but having a couple of slight issues.

While the car is cold. It’s runs great, takes of fine, changes gear fine and accelerates good. But after the engines warmed up. The car becomes sluggish off the mark. I go to accelerate normally and it gets stuck around 2000rpm for about five seconds and then picks up.

Also engine/exhaust sounds a little louder while this is happening. I also have a hissing noise coming from around the power steering reservoir and I have a ticking in the engine which I’m not 100% sure is contributing to my issue.

Also kind of feels like there is a little misfire while idling. Car does idle at around the 600rpm mark and doesn’t jump up or down.

May have a vacuum leak somewhere or may need new plugs or coils. Please help.

I have changed fuel filter, cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body, change the purge valve solenoid and change the L shaped hose going into throttle body (wasn’t damaged but was just a precautionary measure).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

CoreyKiddVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore OMEGA LE0
Ok. So I just changed my spark plugs as I was throwing in some 12mm manifold insulators.

And 3 of the spark plugs weren’t tightened correctly. As a result they were drenched in oil.

Could this be the reason for my car issues?

I find out in about 18 hours. I’ll let you guys know when I take it for a run after the gasket sets.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Would it be a good idea to change the coils when changing plugs or not

CoreyKiddVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore OMEGA LE0
Thanks for replying. That is if the coil packs are faulty. As far as I can tell the coils packs are working just fine. But yeah. If you have the money. Changing the coils are a great idea.

The only mechanical issue I am facing now is a rattling coming from the tensioner pulley which I will be replacing next week. (Which is an A-hole of a thing as I need to take the power steering pulley off or almost off to get to the last tensioner pulley bolt.)

And then I’ll be working on doing brakes, rotors and exhaust