Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sluggish to move

smc69

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS series2 berlina
Hey my partners car is a vs wagon and when engine cold when pit in drive it just sits and does,nt move unless touch accelerator. My car vs berlina and does,nt have prob.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Usually that is an indication of a transmission that has worn clutches etc unfortunately. If you want to delay having to spend a lot of money it might pay to get the transmission serviced which may give it a few more thousand Ks of life. It may just be a clogged/dirty filter so once again get it serviced. If you are handy you can do the service yourself and save many $$$$.
I would also check the colour of the transmission fluid - it should be bright red....if its brown and has a burnt smell then it's Overdue for a service.
Good Luck.

smc69

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS series2 berlina
I serviced recently so I think the clutches maybe it.
Thanx mate

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Next step is to throw in a can of 'auto trans fix'....there are different brands in all auto shops - this usually will make the clutches/bands grip better so that it delays the time for replacement.
Good Luck.