Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sluggish??

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
noticed my car felt rather sluggish latly so i took it out to do the 0-100 an got a disapointing result 9 secs. it has extractors 2 1/2 lukey exaust k&n filter an cai an when i installed the cai bout 2 months ago i was gettin 7.8-8 secs constantly i only timed using a stop watch but thats all i have ever used
what could have changed or be wrong? any ideas? its got 232000 ks on the clock but the last 30000 have been country ks
how come i have a sec diffrence in a month?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Give it a service, from personal experience i reckon fuel delivery plays a huge part! Fuel filter, Injectors, plugs. Do those. Then look at a tranny service. Improvement is big after things like these have been done.

Let us know how you go.
Cheers,
Boojakz.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
check the leads for high resistance, check the plug gaps and condition and fuel pressure

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
cheers. i was thinking bout giving it a service but my mate whos a 1st year appren mechanic said they only need to be serviced every 10000 its been 6000 since its last service

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
At 232,000km those are pretty good times......you engine is maybe not tired but certainly not at 100%. Playing at the edges by replacing the usual wear items may make a slight difference and I'd reckon that with those Kms, the bore, valve seats and cam would be showing quite some wear.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
That's better than new (standard). Just remember the number of Kms. I'm an old bastard and I cannot run like I did 30 years ago!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Tom04 said:
how does the rough 7.8-8 secs 0-100 sound for everything that has been done?

i get around those times in my vr too (7.5 - 8), extractors, 2 1/2 lukey exaust, k&n filter, cai, mildy worked heads, i need to service my gbox and then ill see what times i get :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
get the tranny serviced, full service where they flush the tranny/converter/ cooler etc consider fitting an bigger trans cooler also the standard radiator/trans cooler is pretty average and only really suitable for sunday drivers. also take a look at the diff, this won't make any diffenrence to your performance but i bet it's still got the same oil as the day it rolled of the Holden lot, most tend to forget about it.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
mate, if i were u id be servicing(oil and oil filter) every 5000km with that amount of k's, ive got 220,000k's on mine and since i bought it at 200,000k's i have been servicing every 5000k's and car been running nicely, i also run synthetic oil which has made a difference in the way engine runs and responds, if you have no leaks i recommend the same.