Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Slugish vt commo

Bree93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commo
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out. My commodore is chewing fuel something fierce ($20 got me about 20kms roughly) and has really bad take off to get to 60km it revs out to about 5000 revs and is really slow to actually reach 60km and is worse when going up hills to get up a hill I need to put my foot flat and its still slugish getting up a hill and will sit on about 40-50km and 5000 revs till I get to the top (in town) and also is really bad on highways it gets a bad vibration and the whole car vibrates really badly we changed the fuel pump thinking this was the problem but it fixed it a little but now its back to how it was

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
mate it can be any number of things better of getting the codes of the computer , it will bring up any fault if ya lucky.
this is a list to check. vacuum & air leaks/spark plugs & leads , coil pack & dfi , crank angle sensor the list goes on , check at the forums how to check codes on vt.
with the vibrations and shakes , motor running rough , engine mounts x3 , uni joints and so on.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Is it auto? Sounds like slipping trans, check fluid level.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
3rd that. Sounds very transmission related.

why is it using 20 bucks in fuel for 20km , it may be something wrong with one of ya transmission solenoids ,u really need to scan for codes to pinpoint the problem. if ya have to flog the crap out of ya engine to that extreme to get ya car moving , so yea trans is shot , even more now ya flogged the poo out of it . get a reco.