Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SLY 300 VP Calais International (lots of pictures)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So my ride was stolen and burnt out a few days ago now so I thought I'd post a thread on how my car was and share some VP International knowledge with the guys.

VP Calais Internationals come in series 1 and 2 and 300 were made (hense my plates) 150 in white, 150 in grey. they have a one off tan and black interior with statesman rear map pockets in the doors, black leather centre console, International badge in grill with the stock Calais gaurd spats, VP SS body kit and VQ bob tail rear lip. 160kw engine, auto trans and generally 3.08 non LSD diff, LSD was a factory option.

So I bought mine from Camberra in the ACT with about 166,000km and tranferred it to SA plates and it sat in storeage for amost 2 years before I had the time and money to do what I wanted to the car. About 10 months ago I lower it, played around with a few different wheels and started to get it the way I wanted it.

The car was a 99% stock sleeper. it only had VT clear side indicators, super low spings front ultra low rear, the white walls and HSV group A cold air, stock exhaust, raido/cassette player nothing outrageous.

I enjoied driving this car as a crusier for about 9 month and had to use it as a daily driver about 3 month ago when my VT packed up and was forced to use it every day. I purchased a new car a week ago and it was park out the front of our house when it was stolen. It had just under 180,000kms on it (traveled under 14,000km in about 3 years)

So here's some pic of when I bought it, the Ignition Images photo shoot, how it look the day it was taken and afterwards.

11167116.jpg

11167115.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

GetAttachment10.jpg

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Finally got the car looking the way I wanted it, clean and tidy, while retaining the factory look

17022011232.jpg

IMG_8415.jpg

22022011241.jpg

22022011243.jpg

This is how it looked the day it was stolen

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So I woke up on the 30/6/2011 got ready for work and go out side to find my car had been stolen. It was still there at midnight and from what the neighbours told me the fuel tank blew at about 5:30 in Albeton Park. I was at the scene at about 9:00 to find my pride and joy looking like this.

Clearly the interior was there target and they they it all. While they left alot of valuable parts on the car, the body kit was destoryed, my 5 VP International wheels gone and my Group A cold air still in the engine bay althought the picks took my battery... which I dont understand. The scum burnt it out, where if it was stripped and dumped I could have had it drivable in a few days

30062011479.jpg

30062011478.jpg

30062011480.jpg

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
hey man, bad luck to you, looks like a 5th anniversary senator in the garage photo, cool, i like what you did with the car, perfect factory style, no try hard add ons, you'll get back to another good car, they're only old VPs after all, good luck to you man

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that interior was beautiful :0 what C***s. bad luck man, i wish you all the best.

let me know if you want to sell me those foggys.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
my favourite holden no joke... car was a time capsule, im depressed for you dude... hope a phoenix rises from those ashes

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
cheers guys, I tried to keep it hiden thats why I never posted it on here untill now. I'll hopefully find another beast next year and start all over again.

Yeah its a 5th ann VP Senator 5000i very rare if im lucky it could be my next toy.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i couldnt imagine how you feel but i do know if it was me in your shoes i would be the best investigator and **** those that did this, was imac and looked like one neat pride.