Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Small Form Factor Smart Phones

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Well, Apple are first to the party with a high spec small form factor smart phone. Come on (insert Android handset maker here), release a small but high spec phone!

Why did everyone suddenly become addicted to huge devices? Am I the only one that prefers the iPhone 4 and 5 size to the current "standard"? Sure, I own an iPhone 6 Plus but the primary reason for it is the camera. It was without question the best camera in any phone at the time of its release. Prior to that I'd had 3 Androids.

Now all I want is the specs from a flagship in a smaller device. I know OIS is a reach as it's a fairly hefty component for a smaller phone but I am willing to forgo that provided the camera is equal in every other way.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
no they aren't first to any party, Sony have been leading the way in this space for years with the Xperia compact range.

Xperia

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
no they aren't first to any party, Sony have been leading the way in this space for years with the Xperia compact range.

Xperia

You missed the part where I said high spec. Xperia compact are far from high spec.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
I got the billabong Xperia phone when it was released.. was alright, but really only for the waterproof feature.. I am now on my 3rd Samsung Galaxy mini - hate big phones, and yes the last one purchased was a mare year ago.. yes they might be 'old technology' but i like them.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
You missed the part where I said high spec. Xperia compact are far from high spec.

no I didn't the only weak area on the current Xperia Compact is the screen resolution.

everything else was flagship at at launch, waterproof, fingerprint scanner, 32GB storage, SD support up to 200GB, 23MP camera, 4K 360 degrees video with 5MP front facing, 64bit Snapdragon 810 Octa, 2 days battery life.

You missed the part where you actually looked at the handset. Sony have been in the Compact high end space for some time.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Errrrrrr.... Screen resolution is kind of a basic thing that needs to be high end for the phone to be considered high end. Hence the handset is dismissed as quickly as it is considered. Especially when you consider it's 4.6 inches.

It's also not really small form factor. 4.6 inches compares more to the iPhone 6 and 6S screen size rather than the 4 inch screen size of the iPhone SE.