Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smaller Supercharger Pulleys

R

RIKTHESCROTE

HI all

just joined this site and thought it would be good to try and get some info.Ive got a superchargedv6 berlina and was wondering has anyone out there changed their standard pulley(6psi) to any of the smaller offerings,and how do you rate the difference???

Yours in anticipation

Andy

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Hi,

I am about to purchase smaller pulley kit for my VT S/C. Check out http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/index.html if you havnt already. I am going for the 10psi pulley kit and the stealth hi lift roller rockers from Yella Terra. Bigger exhaust etc to follow soon after but for now I will stick with the genuine cold air intake as supplied with probably hi flow filter in the box. May change to a different CIA later but cant really see the there will be a huge difference over standard system supplied. Heat sheilds in the engine bay are probably good idea too.

Cheers
Rob

D

dooma

Probably better to get the rest of the system breathing well first, so extractors and exhaust, as well as looking at a good CAI and Filter up front. Once that's all done, boost is a good next mod.

Should get some gains with the smaller pulley without the other mods, but to get the most benefits you should do these.

I am actually in a crap situation where I have dropped power after changing boost, but that is (hopefully) because I have all sorts of problems going on with my computer, hopefully a tune will sort all of this out, but yet to do so I can't say too much more at this point.

mxm

Reaction score
Hi,

Yup it really makes a difference. I fitted mine to my stock standard 98 Calia.
You can really here the super charger working now.

I bought my pulley from www.holdenperformance.co.nz

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Have a look at this US site.... http://www.zzperformance.com/index.htm

I have just ordered a 3.25 (12psi) pulley, Puller Tool, oversize idler pulley and set of Iridium plugs for A$445. That includes freight/postage 15%duty and 10% GST.

Heaps cheaper than anywhere here in OZ (unfortunately).

See what you think.....

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
The above bits arrived 9 days after ordering and I was able to avoid DUTY and GST by the way they labeled the package, so the whole lot only cost me A$370 with freight!!!