Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smallest Supercharger Pulley Without Intercooling?

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Sorry to bring up an oooolldddd thread, but it kind of half answers my question, so thought it was better than creating a duplicate thread. I've now done 1.9 Rockers, CAI, Larger throttle body (and chip to suit) and have the 10 PSI Pulley (THANKS MACE :D). Would I be able to go to say a 12 PSI without any issues? I also live in Melb, so temps are generally pretty cool.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Sorry to bring up an oooolldddd thread, but it kind of half answers my question, so thought it was better than creating a duplicate thread. I've now done 1.9 Rockers, CAI, Larger throttle body (and chip to suit) and have the 10 PSI Pulley (THANKS MACE :D). Would I be able to go to say a 12 PSI without any issues? I also live in Melb, so temps are generally pretty cool.

As a general rule, 10PSI is the max without intercooling.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Yeah I saw that, but have seen people running higher boost, and since the last post was 2 years back, just seeing if there have been any changes in chip programming that would allow higher ;)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

yes you can but its pointless. I had a 14psi pulley and when the blower got hot it cut timing and lost power, it was either the 2nd or 3rd dyno run and was retarding the timing. Put my 10psi back on and made more power with zero timing issues so dont do it.

and dyno sheets, says 8 but was a 10psi pulley

Last edited: