Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smallest Supercharger Pulley Without Intercooling?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
As long as the comp is around standard then you'll be right :)

Yeah it was fully reconditioned to factory specs :)

Ill buy the pulley off you once I get my Statesman back from the panel shop, just because i'm not sure how much they are going to charge for the repairs haha.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
from the data logging i've done on the calais (10psi) i've noticed that the stock memcal can deal with the extra boost, however in warmer climates ie. townsville :D the stock memcal gets some wicked knock retard bringing timing down a fair bit! roughly the stock tune will be around 13 however with upto 10degrees k/r i was seeing only 3degrees advance in some runs.

atm im running upto 13degrees advance with no k/r due to the fact i've bumped the fuel up a fair bit! stock memcal afr under WOT were around the 13 mark. now mine sits at 11.6-8.

steve what would be the highest psi a non cooled car could run with a tune? i was thinking maybe 12-13? that will see between 8-10psi for low to mid rpm working its way up to the 12-13 in the higher revs? however you'd only be able to run stuff all advance to cope with the extra boost up top.

MACE

Reaction score
from the data logging i've done on the calais (10psi) i've noticed that the stock memcal can deal with the extra boost, however in warmer climates ie. townsville :D the stock memcal gets some wicked knock retard bringing timing down a fair bit! roughly the stock tune will be around 13 however with upto 10degrees k/r i was seeing only 3degrees advance in some runs.

atm im running upto 13degrees advance with no k/r due to the fact i've bumped the fuel up a fair bit! stock memcal afr under WOT were around the 13 mark. now mine sits at 11.6-8.

steve what would be the highest psi a non cooled car could run with a tune? i was thinking maybe 12-13? that will see between 8-10psi for low to mid rpm working its way up to the 12-13 in the higher revs? however you'd only be able to run stuff all advance to cope with the extra boost up top.

With a tune, standard cam with 1.98:1 rockers, 14psi in Adelaide. FNQ, with the factory air temp gauge (not in the LIM) I would keep it to around 12-13

Cheers,
Steve

mjd1810

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais&vl exec
I run a 12psi pulley uncooled no probs, i have an xu6, always on vpower, 1.9 rockers, mace cai, stock hsv extractors & exhaust.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Ever thought of getting a memcal from mace for the 12 psi as your ecu may retard timing to reduce knock hence robbing you of power

MACE

Reaction score
I run a 12psi pulley uncooled no probs, i have an xu6, always on vpower, 1.9 rockers, mace cai, stock hsv extractors & exhaust.
mjd1810,

Even though it's not pinging, the knock sensors could be pulling out timing hurting power. In saying this though we should be able to work something out :)

Cheers,
Steve

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

It's not such an issue for us in Melb, but we still get some mad hot days in summer so I drive with a pretty light foot if the temp is in the high 30's or above just in case :)

mjd1810

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais&vl exec
mjd1810,

Even though it's not pinging, the knock sensors could be pulling out timing hurting power. In saying this though we should be able to work something out :)

Cheers,
Steve

very interested Steve, please tell me more.