Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

smells like S*#T

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Cat converter..... Whats a cat converter *shifty eyes*

Cheers
MaT

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
HoZy said:
Cat converter..... Whats a cat converter *shifty eyes*

Cheers
MaT

and some people wonder why we have a hole in the o-zone layer hehehe

vn6pwr said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing :whistling

bad thing, if the cat converter is clogged it would cause limited flow

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
PaRaDoX616 said:
and some people wonder why we have a hole in the o-zone layer hehehe

bad thing, if the cat converter is clogged it would cause limited flow

After i get my p's , car gets back onto 95% Driving on gas....... So no cat converter doesnt matter.........

Cheers
MaT

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hey dude

how long has it been since you done your plugs and leads?

does the car drive fine? or does it stutter it's way around?

what's the idle like? is it an irregular erratic idle? or smooth? or is it a regular

"BRRPR*pop*RR*pop*RRRRRRRR*pop*RR*pop*RRR" ?

we'll fix it right up, you just have to do these things:

1) check your error codes, see what the computer spits out, if you get an error code post it up and well work from there.

2) if you get no error codes (code 12), play around with your spark plug leads and see if it fixes it, also check all the fuel lines around the engine bay to make sure they are not leaking

3) pull out your spark plugs and note the colour (and where they came from), if they all look the same bar 1 or 2 that are black/moist then you have an ignition issue (spark plugs/leads/ignition coil)

4) check your exhaust after your car has been running for a little bit, see if the zorst before the cat is considerably different temperature to the zorst after the cat.

blah blah blah
try a few of those and let us know mate!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
PaRaDoX616 said:
where are you getting your fuel from??? i wasnt aware of 94RON fuel, only 95RON which is the lead replacement and i run it all the time
Ummmm i got it from united petrol station..... der a pretty gibby place sometimes.... 1 week there gas and petrol is ok and d next it makes ya car run like ****....

ok, put your hand over the exhust, then smell it... is it water based????
if it is then it may be something like a blown headgasket, or even a thermostat thats jammed its self open/closes, which can cause the thermo fan not to come on and the coolant to cook but it shouldnt be comming out the exhust in that case
yer ive dun dat and like no water goes on my hand... but wen i start it water dun come out of the exaust.... but not alot.. and it stopes after like 5 mins.... and it used 2 do dat ever since i got it... and as4 hed gasket or thermostat... my engine doesnt get hot really :S.... it jus stays like average heat and i let it idle 4 like half an hr to an hr... and i do that bout 3 times a week...

id reccomend running 1 tank of BP ultimate (98RON) through the car, and some injector cleaner couldnt hurt, and run a self diagnostic
for a self diagnostic you'll find under the glove box there is a connector, grab a paperclip, unfold it.. and use it to bridge the black/white wire on one end,
this will cause the engine light to flash when turned to 2nd ignition, the flashes represent a code which is a self diagnostic of errors, just a very basic one
it is comprised of 2 lots of flashes, ie 1 flash, pause, 3 flashes = code 13, 2 flashes pause, 4 flashes = code 24 here is a self diag list
yer ill try that as soon as i can... cant really do it now coz its a lil wet outside.... typical melbourne weather haha.... and as soon as i get it registered im ganna put like 20-30 litre'z of high octane... and fill mah gas up...... and btw 98ron wont hurt mah engine will it?

thanx 2 every 4 there replys

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
VP_Luke said:
how long has it been since you done your plugs and leads?

does the car drive fine? or does it stutter it's way around?

what's the idle like? is it an irregular erratic idle? or smooth? or is it a regular
fnx 4 the reply...
plugs and leads= yer i changed the spankplugs this sunday gone... and i no i got d right 1'z coz i double checked and i made d guy double check in his book aswell....

does it drive fine= yes drives fine.... jus like my mums and sis'z car... like exactly the same.....

idle= about average aswell.... its as smooth as im ganna get from a buick engine i guess haha...

so it runs fine.... idles fine.... replaces spark plugs(ganna do a full service wen its registered in the next couple weeks).... and no loss of power and it doesnt overheat either.... dats wat made me wonder wtf is waz because it used 2 run realllly ruff b4 i changed the spark plugs but now it runs fine... jus the very bad fumes smell