Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

smells like S*#T

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
98RON wont hurt your engine, its the ethanol based stuff that isnt so forgiving

ok, probbly cat converter then because if everything else is fine its probbly exhust related, and the cat converter is the thingy that reduces a fair ammount of green house gasses from being released into the atmoshphere....

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
On the topic of weird smells. Whenever Im on my way back from work, dooing 100 all the way, then I slow down to 80 I can smell a weird smell too, Sort of exhaughst/sort of not, hard to pick. But then I also noticed that I can ONLY smell it if my drivers window is down (havn't tryed it with any other windows). When the window is up i cant smell a thing....weird hey.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
my car smells like arse when i max 1st and 2nd gear out in the auto... like literally, it smells like burnt hair :D god knows what it is but my car runs fine so ive got no complaints lol... my mates car (daewoo something or rather 1.5L manual) does the same thing, if u do a bad stuttery change the car smells like **** for about 10 mins then it goes away.... cars do some strange things....

i just tell him its gods way of telling him he shouldnt have bought a daewoo :p

cheers
Josh

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hahahahahaa yer i wouldnt buy a daewoo.... i luv my big6 2 much :).... haha and wit d cat? im happy bout that coz i got a series 2 here so im happy:):):):)...... fnx alot ppl... helped alot

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My dads got a poster in his shed saying "The only way you can be a bigger idiot is if you buy a daewoo" i thought it was pretty funny.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
800px-Daewoo_Tico_vl.jpg

"The Daewoo Tico was a micro car made by Daewoo.
Daewoo started production of the Tico, which was based on the 1982 Suzuki Alto, in 1988.
The car was equipped with a 3-cylinder S-TEC engine, displaced 796 cc, and had a 5-speed gearshif
t"

i think a human bladder is bigger than that engine

S-Tec must stand for ****-Tec...

umm jolly_97 im pretty sure thats NOT a good smell... id check your tranny fluid because it sounds like its being starved in higher rpm's... if its not getting the fluid under pressure things go bang.. and cost lots of money to fix..>

as for Mack, could be a leak in the headers?? i get a similar smell too occasionally weird....

Last edited:

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i hope you didtn use that cheaper then cheap ethonal fuel at united servo as that will play funa buggers with your engine managment

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey i just did the paperclip thing and it didnt work. I bridged the black and white wire and turned the key till the engine light came on but it never blinked or anything. Any sugestions? And what are the red and white wires coming out of the bottom. I remember seeing another pic and they never had them two wires.

i have attached a pic to see if i have the right one. You can see the paperclip bridging the two.

Attachments

• paperclip.JPG
    paperclip.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 98