Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoked by a Typhoon

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Well today just confirmed to me the need for a blower as I was just completely smoked by what smelt an E85 tuned Typhoon. Wow....it was letting go of the rears at well over 100km/h....awesome!!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
You might need more than a blower to beat one of them in a straight line.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
You might need more than a blower to beat one of them in a straight line.

Yeah can imagine....wife and kids may have to sit on floor 'cos the seats may need to go.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
With the right blower you'll take care of most turbo Falcons on the road while having a much more manageable rig. I had a current shape XR6T with a f*ckoff GTX turbo, great for beating people on the highway but a pretty compromised car everywhere else. Off boost it's just a low comp six, on boost it's an axe murderer. The transition between those two states, good luck managing it if you're on a road with corners. Prefer the throttle response of the V8, you know what you're getting and you can squeeze a really satisfying drive out of it. The high powered turbo sixes though, harder to get into a rhythm and enjoy them, you're constantly fighting the car, the snappy IRS in the Falcons makes it more difficult because once she goes, it's a difficult fish to catch again. Wish Ford did a competition mode on them with relaxed traction control, because with TC on you're wasting your time, with TC off altogether there's a genuine chance you'll bin it if you're not careful, power delivery is like being sucker punched. They're basically nothing nothing nothing EVERYTHING. Wicked cars, just can't drive them half asleep.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
A mate at work has a 2010 FG F6 manual and wants to race my series 2 with W375 package, im a bit nervouse cos i owned a stock FG XR6 Turbo so i know how they go.
So heres a question. Who thinks a w375 series would go against a stock F6

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
If the F6 has had any work done to it i'd say you'll be running second in a 2 horse race.

(on a track ofcourse ;) )

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
The F6 is bone stock, no tune no exhaust...Those six cylinder engine are something else.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
I think you will find out how Jarp felt today (unless he drops a gear change).

The Turbo falcons are something else. Straight line only, and will never sound as good.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
just what we need on the road another high powered car with low end driver

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
You'll get it handed to you if he hooks it up off the line. It's a big if though as they're a tricky car to get right sometimes. I ditched mine for that reason although I'm missing the turbo rush - there's nothing quite like it.

A mate at work has a 2010 FG F6 manual and wants to race my series 2 with W375 package, im a bit nervouse cos i owned a stock FG XR6 Turbo so i know how they go.
So heres a question. Who thinks a w375 series would go against a stock F6