Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smokers pack question

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
SPOT ON....

Jurisdictions with a smoking ban in private vehicles:

In the Australian Capital Territory, a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since May 2012. An on the spot fine of 250 Australian dollars will be applicable, or court fines up to 5,500 Australian dollars.[4]

In New South Wales a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since July 2009. There is an on the spot fine of 250 Australian dollars for drivers or passengers, with a maximum fine of 1,100 Australian dollars if disputed.[5]

In Queensland a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since January 2010. There is an on the spot fine of 200 Australian dollars.[6]

In South Australia a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since May 2007. Fines range from 75 to 200 Australian dollars.[7]

In Tasmania, as of 1 January 2008, smoking in cars with passengers under the age of 18 is banned and incurs a 110 Australian dollar on the spot fine.[8]

In Victoria a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 18 has existed since 1 January 2010.

In Western Australia a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since 2010.[9]

In Vic, it's considered an offence to smoke in a vehicle with anyone under 16, not 18

As for the original question, the cigarette does not light up

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Jeez....The OP only asked when the lighter should illuminate.
And now (as usual), it's strayed off course and turned into a bitch fight.

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Thanks for the two or three legit answers ,as for the others, I will smoke in MY car if I wish.
I dont smoke with kids in any car , let alone mine, but even though you dont know me you assumed I do.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
This is the funniest **** I have ever heard.... For some it may be that easy but for others it may not. Only gonna take one smoking idiot to kill someone and be dumb enuff to admit it or be caught smoking and the ban will be in. I was a smoker myself but never in my own car. I don't find talking on a mobile phone distracting at all doesnt mean the next person or the person after that is gonna find it as easy as me..... Personally I cant wait till the law comes in will be funny watching all the wossies chugging on ciggies on the side of the road or getting caught. If you smoke in your car as well you might as well have loads of hoarse cum all over the interior as well as it would most probably smell better than cigarette soaked interior.....

Ahhh yeah, if putting something up to your mouth while driving is so dangerous I hope I don't kill someone while drinking from a waterbottle. Infact I hope they ban cupholders soon i'm really quite concerned.

Typical pissy ex smoker is angry at the guys that still get to do it. Let it go man, just let it go :p

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Thanks for the two or three legit answers ,as for the others, I will smoke in MY car if I wish.
I dont smoke with kids in any car , let alone mine, but even though you dont know me you assumed I do.

Seriously we had to have a bit of fun with it.... Its that time of year..... Glad its all sorted.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Ban all the cigarettes !!!

*excuse me while I go and have my mid-morning puff.

Why? Because you don't like it? If you choose not to smoke that's fine, others choose to, everyone has there OWN choice. What I can't stand is if iam at a park smoking at a bench and one of those gym junkies or fitness freaks walks past waving there hand in there air because they don't like the smoke. To bad I was there first and you saw me smoking and yet you continue to walk in my direction, can't have it all.

@ wazza- arnt reformed smokers the worst of the lot? It's like now they have given up its totally against human morals to smoke but yet it was fine when they did it. Thing that blows my mind is you can't smoke in most carparks but don't mind if you have a diesel blowing black soot everywhere which has to be just as bad and most people that complain about cigs drive these cars as the recent trend is buying turbo diesel utilities. Wonder what would happen if the ban turbo diesel in shopping centre carparks? ohh thats right, they wont, its to inconvient for both the shop and shopper. Once again, because they have one its fine. I tell them all to go f themselves and I agree, I can do what I like in my bloody car, as long as its not a danger to anyone else on the road, mind your own business. I can't wait for the next jargon the coppers say "it dangerous to smoke in your car as the hand action is lethal", honestly who drives with both hands on the wheel? I noticed most officers don't. I think putting a ciggy up and away from your mouth is more dangerous than reaching for your radio to call in or to type on the computer ( sarcasm) either way there not concentrating on what there doing, but hey, if you have a uniform I guess you write the rules as you go along. I learnt that when a officer told me that hw patrol knows more than regular coppers but yet they can both fine you the same. Why cant that work in citizens favor? That's justice for you, always looking after the government than the people. Can't stand this anti smoking campaign, biggest crock ever. Stop making them if you want to make rediculous laws, but they won't, makes to much extra revenue and can issue more fines. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Last edited:

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Smoking and using a mobile device in a car cant really be compared. The amount of people I see in cars at the lights, after its gone green, looking at their laps reading texts or facebook or whatever is amazing. They obviously have lost concentration on what they are doing. I am yet to see a smoker distracted by their smoke enough to miss that a light has changed and traffic is moving around them.
I may have to look into the smokers pack so I can not only smoke with an ashtray in the car but also charge my mobile device ;).

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Smoking and using a mobile device in a car cant really be compared. The amount of people I see in cars at the lights, after its gone green, looking at their laps reading texts or facebook or whatever is amazing. They obviously have lost concentration on what they are doing. I am yet to see a smoker distracted by their smoke enough to miss that a light has changed and traffic is moving around them.
I may have to look into the smokers pack so I can not only smoke with an ashtray in the car but also charge my mobile device ;).

Well bloody said, it's just to contradicting, I can think of heaps of things that are legal and way more harmful and dangerous than the minority that smoke. But because 90% of the population do it, it's fine we'll turn a blind eye to that.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why? Because you don't like it? If you choose not to smoke that's fine, others choose to, everyone has there OWN choice. What I can't stand is if iam at a park smoking at a bench and one of those gym junkies or fitness freaks walks past waving there hand in there air because they don't like the smoke. To bad I was there first and you saw me smoking and yet you continue to walk in my direction, can't have it all.

I was being sarcastic. I smoke & enjoy it. I was actually heading off for my mid-morning puff as I posted that comment.

I just don't smoke in my car or inside anywhere for that matter. I can't stand smoking inside.

Oh, and I also go to the gym. Go figure.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
I was being sarcastic. I smoke & enjoy it. I was actually heading off for my mid-morning puff !

I just don't smoke in my car or inside anywhere for that matter. I can't stand smoking inside.

Oh, and I also go to the gym. Go figure.

Lol my bad, no iam the same I won't smoke in the car or around children, I was just stating its my car I can do what I want, heck if I want to drive in the nude I should be able to, well now that would probably cause an accident lol but you know what I mean.