Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smokers pack question

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
well this thread certainly turned to sh1t . All it needed was yes it does or no it doesn't .

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I don't smoke, I've never smoked and I never intend on starting. I honestly couldn't give 2 shits if someone puffs a durry in their own car so long as they don't dick it out the window or throw their butt out. Use an ash tray or a plastic bottle half full of water. I also doubt smoking while driving decreases your attention to the road so why ban it? What's next, a ban on picking your nose because you don't have 2 hands on the wheel? Give me a break.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
I don't smoke, I've never smoked and I never intend on starting. I honestly couldn't give 2 shits if someone puffs a durry in their own car so long as they don't dick it out the window or throw their butt out. Use an ash tray or a plastic bottle half full of water. I also doubt smoking while driving decreases your attention to the road so why ban it? What's next, a ban on picking your nose because you don't have 2 hands on the wheel? Give me a break.

That I 100% agree with. I've seen heaps of idiots turfing there butts out on the hw on a stinking hot day. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what that would cause. If I smoke in one of my cars I always have a bottle qtr full of water and put the butts in that.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I recall ACT Police posting on Twitter that the fine for (if I recall the correct term) "littering causing injury or death" was up to 2 years in prison. In other words, if it can be proven that your lit butt caused a serious fire you might as well buy shares in Durex because you're going to get butt fkd.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Throw a smoke butt out the windows in victoria and get caught/seen its a $790 fine.

Its why i keep an ashtray in mine, #### paying that.

As for why i know that, i sold a car and the prick hadn't transferred it and i got one in the mail, forwarded it on and rang vicroads to force the rego change.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Throw a smoke butt out the windows in victoria and get caught/seen its a $790 fine.

Its why i keep an ashtray in mine, #### paying that.

As for why i know that, i sold a car and the prick hadn't transferred it and i got one in the mail, forwarded it on and rang vicroads to force the rego change.

Now there's an incentive to not smoking , personally , I think if people want to smoke go for gold , but if they throw a butt out of the window, make them eat a packet of Marlboro red .

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just wondered how a smakers pack question could have gone on this long so had a read. Now I know :hmmm:. Hope this is not how SaUte feels :poke::blah blah: (hes the poor OP in the middle) If so many have such strong views on a topic why not start a thread of your own? It could be in a sub forum like "My dislike for (insert topic here)", or "How to go off on a tangent" ?

Whoops, ill just go back to bed and get out the right side next time. Please, continue.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I just wondered how a smakers pack question could have gone on this long so had a read. Now I know :hmmm:. Hope this is not how SaUte feels :poke::blah blah: (hes the poor OP in the middle) If so many have such strong views on a topic why not start a thread of your own? It could be in a sub forum like "My dislike for (insert topic here)", or "How to go off on a tangent" ?

Whoops, ill just go back to bed and get out the right side next time. Please, continue.

Sadly , a lot of threads start off well and then ..........................., :boxing:

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
This is a good thread though in the end the OP got his answer and everyone had a little fun with it smokers and non smokers included.....