Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

snow trip surprises

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
guys i need to ask advise from anyone who goes on snow holidays. this will be my first one (maybe) and the prices are insane. for anyone who has been on a ski resort in victoria tell me is it normal price for one adult and 2 kids (13 and 15) to be quoted $50.00 each for dinner each night. so for 4 nights it will cost me $600.00 for dinner only. Is that normal....?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Jeez thats expensive, but everything is a rip off at the snow.

I haven't been to vic, only to thredbo and it was expensive as hell 10 years ago.

A lot of my mates head over to New Zealand instead. Might be an option?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ever time I go to the snow... I stay in a town near the mountain... it's a pain in the arse having to drive like 30-45min each morning... but alot cheaper.

In terms of runs... I think i enjoy falls creek the most... though I think bulla has longer runs...

Either way... staying on the mountain is expensive beyond a joke so if you're looking to save some cash, get accomodation in a town at the base of it or something.

Good luck

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
turn 24 this year and i have never seen snow in my life :(

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Ever time I go to the snow... I stay in a town near the mountain... it's a pain in the arse having to drive like 30-45min each morning... but alot cheaper.

In terms of runs... I think i enjoy falls creek the most... though I think bulla has longer runs...

Either way... staying on the mountain is expensive beyond a joke so if you're looking to save some cash, get accomodation in a town at the base of it or something.

Good luck

this is the apart of living in SA that sucks, if i could click my fingers i would live in victoria, where everything GOOD is within reach. (the only thing you dont have is MT PANORAMA) I agree if i had a base from victoria then my bargaining chips would be a lot better than at the mercy of a travel agent who has to organise every inch of this trip.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
turn 24 this year and i have never seen snow in my life :(

only reason i have is that my school did a snow trip, we were the last year to do it because they stopped due to oh&s risks....

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I've seen snow because I was born and lived in europe... so snow is not all that exciting for me... :p

But i think everyone needs to build a snowman atleast once in their life...

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
snow sucks, especially on the rd's, come to NZ we have plenty of ski resorts etc so prob not as expensive also factoring in the plane flights which are coming down, but then you have to deal with us kiwis

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
snow sucks, especially on the rd's, come to NZ we have plenty of ski resorts etc so prob not as expensive also factoring in the plane flights which are coming down, but then you have to deal with us kiwis

mate i got caught out, as me and my 2 kids dont have passports....this time next year i wont have the same problem. the ski packages to NZ are half the price to Victoria....go figure!

dont get me wrong VIC people, i luv the place but $150.00 per meal for 1 adult and 2 kids is crazy. Also did i mention $500.00 a night for a room. we aint talking Buckingham palace either...