Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

snow trip surprises

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ lol, yeah I'd rather go to NZ for snow rather than here...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
guys i need to ask advise from anyone who goes on snow holidays. this will be my first one (maybe) and the prices are insane. for anyone who has been on a ski resort in victoria tell me is it normal price for one adult and 2 kids (13 and 15) to be quoted $50.00 each for dinner each night. so for 4 nights it will cost me $600.00 for dinner only. Is that normal....?

Which resort are you planning on going too?

Generally when i go up i stay in a lodge (about 70-90 per night for cheaper ones) and take your own food and cook your own food. The kitchens are well equipped to cater for many people. Who quoted you that $50 per person? Is that too eat out or for the lodge to provide dinner for you?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
only time Ive been to the snowy mountains was when they were on fire.

looked funny seeing a sign reading "snow fields ---->" with a tanker parked behind it and smoke in the background :whistling

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Give you the best advice...

Go to new zealand, whenever we go skiing thats where we go, better snow, better service and most importantly better value for money.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Ive been to the snow a couple of times, and it is expensive, even doing it in a massive trip, i generally go through Uni, costs me $1,200, Hot breakfast and dinner included, bus to and from the snow, stay on the mountain, straight out the room out the door onto the snow, on top of that i generally spend another $1,000 mostly on drinking, lunch is overrated really. We generally go to Hotham on that trip cos they are about the only place that will have us these days, we have a helluva reputation now...

turn 24 this year and i have never seen snow in my life :(

I hadnt seen snow till i first went two years ago, i dont really feel the cold so got off the bus in boardies and thongs and trecked around doing what we had to, then proceeded to ride body boards down the toboggan run in the same outfit! Theres vids somewhere of it all, have to find them...

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Which resort are you planning on going too?

Generally when i go up i stay in a lodge (about 70-90 per night for cheaper ones) and take your own food and cook your own food. The kitchens are well equipped to cater for many people. Who quoted you that $50 per person? Is that too eat out or for the lodge to provide dinner for you?

Mt BULLER. the place quoting $50.00 per person per meal (incl kids) is the DUCK INN. you gotta remember that i am at the mercy of a travel agent who relies on kickbacks from selected organisations. i told her that i am happy with 2 sticks and a bit of galv sheeting for accomodation. (hinting that i dont need the Taj mahal to sleep in, so i was expecting the Duck Inn to be a dump...)

anyway plan B is to do Great Ocean road (told you i luv victoria). I promised my kids a ski trip but if 10 chicken nuggets and a scoop of icecream is $50.00 each every night, i may have to change plans.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
snow sucks, especially on the rd's, come to NZ we have plenty of ski resorts etc so prob not as expensive also factoring in the plane flights which are coming down, but then you have to deal with us kiwis

Damn right $38 flights to Christchurch the other day.Im going there in Feb.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Mt BULLER. the place quoting $50.00 per person per meal (incl kids) is the DUCK INN. you gotta remember that i am at the mercy of a travel agent who relies on kickbacks from selected organisations. i told her that i am happy with 2 sticks and a bit of galv sheeting for accomodation. (hinting that i dont need the Taj mahal to sleep in, so i was expecting the Duck Inn to be a dump...)

anyway plan B is to do Great Ocean road (told you i luv victoria). I promised my kids a ski trip but if 10 chicken nuggets and a scoop of icecream is $50.00 each every night, i may have to change plans.

Why are you doing it through a travel agent? Book everything yourself and take your own food!!! They give each room it's own pantry and there are generally 4 stove tops, a few fridges and sinks... plenty of space to cook it up and plenty of tables.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Damn right $38 flights to Christchurch the other day.Im going there in Feb.

stoked, hit me up might see if we can catch up for a beer, but in feb there will be no snow, not sure if thats what your after.

b.t.w Im freezing my ass off it hasn't got over 10degrees for like 3 weeks.