Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

snow trip surprises

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
turn 24 this year and i have never seen snow in my life :(

I've seen bulk snow from a distance on the peak of big mountains and such, just never actually been where it is :) or touched the stuff

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
today i will be signing up for our trip..just for your info on actual prices for a 3 day ski trip from adelaide

flights to there and back
coach to there and back
accomodation 4 nights including b/fast and dinner
3 days hire of ski pants & parka
3 days ski lesson, hire and lift passes

all up $4878.00

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Ouch. But it is expensive. Take a look around while your there and see about cheaper alternatives for next time.

Jaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Wow, insane prices for meals. We have been to the snow for the last 7 years straight and now take our two kids. We stay at Dinner plain and drive or catch the bus to the mountain (Hotham) which is 10 minutes away. Just ask the locals where they eat or better still get self contained accommodation and take most of your food up. The pub meals at DP from memory are max $20 -$25.

The snow isn't going to be chaep, but you don't need to pay through the nose!

JC

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Gees...........and just as I was about to pull out of the Ski-trip my school is running.........

350 bucks for a coupla days at Mt. Hotham. (2 days I think) Apparently that includes meals as well.

I think the equipment hire is extra, but we can get that ourselves for a cheaper price.

All up it'll probs work out to about $450 worst case I reckon.

But still, I guess I'm a bit of a tightarse lol. :p

Maybe nows the time to go to the snow. Never touched the stuff. Never seen it in real life. (only on tv).
But still, 500 bucks for a 16 year old workin at maccas, it isn't peanuts. I have to work hard for that money.

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
im a tight azz as well but i promised my kids a snow trip 3 years ago. when you are inexperienced in travel like me, and you walk into a travel agent and tell them you want every detail organised by them....you are gonna get milked so bad that your nipples will sore for a week.

if i knew what i was doing, and had experience to draw upon by using internet and doing research months in advance, i could probable do the same trip for $3000.00. because i left my run too late most cheaper accomodation is gone already (or so they tell me) and you have no barganing chips left for the few spots left.

its inexperienced people like me, that give them (travel agents) the most profit....but next year i will get my sh1t together early and save $$$$$$

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Snow and bang for buck generally don't go hand in hand.
Your best bet is to hit NZ, much better snow and far better deals..