Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so, how about them volts..

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Anyone got one? I seen a few of them at the start of last year at a dealership but I dont think Ive seen one being driven on the roads, like ever, anyone know any sales figures or anything for them? I was always interested to see how they would sell

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have seen a couple of them on the road, one actually out near where I live, and I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much, so that was a shock. Can't imagine they sold too many though because you hardly see them and I have never even seen one at the dealer or in the showroom.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
i forgot they even made the volt. i remember seeing it all over TV and in the paper a couple year ago but only ever seen 2 on the road

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have seen one on the road....well by road I mean tow truck

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
wasnt there like some kinda big deal about the new volt befor, and then everybody forgets it.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Apparently you can use EFIlive to tune all sorts of bits on these, particularly the (ESC) or torque controller.
A guy in the US sells a remote flash tune that enables the Volt to do 0-100kph in 5.5 seconds... and other "hacks".
There is huge potential, amazing piece of kit for $50k really.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They're much closer to $60k actually ($59,900 or so), so you wouldn't expect to see many of them. Same thing around here - never seen one on the road and none at the dealer. They must be kept in small numbers somewhere and only supplied on demand.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Yeah I seen like 2 or 3 at a dealership when they first came out with big door banners that said volt on them (so maybe they were just there for promotional purposes), and the dealership got a wall thing installed that specially charges them aswell, after all the advertising and stuff I honestly thought they would be the next big thing in Aus, thought theyre would even be volt taxi's and stuff, guess I was wrong haha

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
There isn't really many places you can recharge them, unless you can use the power at home in the garage. Not sure if I would ever get one, wouldn't be cheap to replace the batteries and I would be worried about how long I have until the car just stops while driving.