Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So how well do MACE V6 bolt on products work???

MACE

Reaction score
Generally speaking, we get a lot of positive feedback from our customers about our products, some of whom have gone to the trouble of testing them out of their own pocket (dyno runs etc.). However due to the busyness of life some may not get around to emailing/posting out dyno graphs :(

Recently though one of our customers took the time out to do just that, for which we are very grateful for as shown from the email below :thumbsup:

Steve,

Sorry it took so long to get to you but here's a shot of my engine bay and the dyno chart.
Information RE my car:
-250,000km ECOTEC
-GETRAG 5 speed manual
-Full Synthetic Oils
-Top Gun leads
-NGK sparke plugs
-Pacemaker extractors
-2.5" exhaust from extractors back
-aftremarket radiator thermostat
-Custom tune
-MACE CAI
-MACE 84mm MAF
-MACE 69mm throttle body
-MACE 12mm plenum spacer
-MACE 25mm manifold spacer
-1:98 rocker kit from MACE

Hope this little bit of P.R. sees MACE produce used more readily!

Best Regards,
Justin.

As you can see from the dyno graph, the run and custom tuning was done at a very reputable work shop (Sams Performance) on a mainline dyno which is extremely accurate, repeatable and a touch conservative compared to say Dyno Dynamics results.

Going by the dyno graph the setup netted around 151kw at the wheels on what is arguably a tired engine just with bolt on products!

I suppose it gives something for people to think about as to how effective a couple of bolt on products on a NA ecotec can be :)

Attachments

• mace1small.JPG
    mace1small.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 570
  • mace2small.JPG
    mace2small.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
If there's meant to be pics, we can't see them...

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Very impressive power figures at the wheels =D !!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep 113rwkw but that's not the same car from the other thread is it?. 137 something rwkw for that one. This is also a mainline dyno which is a bit less bullshit than a dyno dynamics and more comparable to track calculated hp, would be 120rwkw on a dyno dynamics I guess

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
nah this is another car. this one did make 151rwkw. Not sure why it says it in HP :S Dyno also says its v8 on the side lol. Anyway it made 151rwkw. Also should have been dynod in 2nd gear.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I wouldn't believe a ecotec would make 151 rwkw on a mainline (impossible). HP will be what it is

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Interesting lol. mine made 122rwkw with an exhaust system and his is manual? I duno we'll see what steve has to say =D

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah, it's just a dyno thing man, At 150 rwkw there's probably -20 rwkw on the Mainline, maybe more, big difference. You really need to have both cars on the same dyno on the same day. But as a rule you wont go much over 140 without a cam on a ecotec even on a dyno dynamics