Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I got an FX ??

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Who hasn't ever bought something from Gumtree after one too many beverages? To be honest I am going to struggle to find time but what the hell, I enjoy it.

Lot of rust work required but it's all there and a great match up for the Magnum (1st & last) I guess.

I have only skimmed the surface with my early Holden knowledge so there will be many questions for you Guru's out there.

1st question.
I have the sill replacement panels but can I use a sedan rear door for patching the lower section of the guard? Are they a perfect match?
2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
It's a utility which is a 2106 model not a 215. The ute wasn't introduced until 1950 so it will be a 50-2106 at the very least.
The model number is used to prefix the body number. This will reveal the model year of your ute.
The FX model designation was coined to encompass all the early Holdens produced prior to the FJ.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have you had a look for early Holden car clubs in SE QLD ?

FX -FJ Holden Club of QLD.
Brisbane Northside Classic Holden Club.

I reckon they would be the 'go to' people for info and bits. Keep us informed of your findings and progress

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Love your work - if only I was allowed another project! I have to get rid of a couple on my books though.

I wish my beer purchase was as good as yours. Ihave a 47 international ute project sitting on a Rodeo Chassis that needs hundreds of hours work. I will watch your project with envy!

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I don't know anything about them other than I like it & expect it to be a potential nightmare underneath the paint being 70 odd years old.

Carry on good sir!!!!

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
It's a utility which is a 2106 model not a 215. The ute wasn't introduced until 1950 so it will be a 50-2106 at the very least.
The model number is used to prefix the body number. This will reveal the model year of your ute.
The FX model designation was coined to encompass all the early Holdens produced prior to the FJ.

Bang on Dave, after checking, the number on my plate is 50-2106 . thank you!

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
I don't know anything about them other than I like it & expect it to be a potential nightmare underneath the paint being 70 odd years old.

Carry on good sir!!!!
Red motor??

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Anyone have any experience on the rear guard repair using a back door?

And should I stick with the 179 bored to 186 or find a 202?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Stick with what you have......What you can do to a 202 can be done with a 179.....So in the end you save some coin buying a 202, which can be used elsewhere