Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so i got pulled over tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
What a stupid cop. He just left one unroadworthy car on the road posing a risk to other drivers. If i knew who he was i'd dob the twit in to his superiors.

WTF?? Who said the car was unroadworthy? what a stupid try hard response!!

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Coby, when the tyres are at the or just near the indicators, you are due for new treads. so since it wasnt at the marks they are still classed as good to go.

Brake lights is a weird one, just look at all the vn/vps around... msot have very dull tail lights, and most dont all work.

I get pulled over alot, but thats due to me being mainly the only one on the road when driving to work, but yet the police still try and tell me its just at "random".

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
The OP< showing some respect using your manners etc goes along way eh?

Yet strangely.....it takes a long time for some people to figure that out!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yep you read right i got pulled over on the way home tonight checked my licence and rego, had a RBT passed of course copper noticed my P plate had fallen down uh oh hes hey mate better chuck you plate back up... uuh no probs off i go and chuck it back up, and then he said also you brake lights arent red enough *gets ready to cop a defect* and he says best get them fixed up soon other wise well be on your back about em *jaw drops* looks at my tyersand said your about ready for a new set theyre below the wear marks you better get yourself a new set soon mate can do i say, he went back to the police car comes back heres you licence mate cheers i say have a good evening he heads back to the car i jump in mine off i go not a defect to my name, so cheers coppa im workin on gettin it fixed.

maybe its just me but alot of p platers reckon that P platers are targeted by cops and yeah maybe they are so what as long as you not a wanker theyre gunna treat you ok, be polite use your manners being an arrogant little prick isnt gunna get you anywhere

just thought i go against the general trend of whining P platers on this forum

So you had one opportunity where a cop was nice to you and suddenly all the other P Plater's in the world are wrong, rude, arrogant etc. etc.

Get off the boat mate, i've had plenty of cops that i say "sir" to (which i do every time) and never speak out of tern and still copped unnecessary crap from.

Good on you for not getting in trouble, just dont come back in a month when you actually do get a defect and try and sell your sob story.

The youth of today have it really hard with all the restrictions they have on there driving, hoons laws, power laws, engine capacity laws, occupant laws, RWC laws, testing... getting (and keeping) your licence is getting harder, alot harder... anyone >30 or there about has no idea about how hard it is today... Young drivers now are just as invincible as they were "back then" except now you cant get away with it.

aZk. (no, im not a p-plater)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The youth of today have it really hard with all the restrictions they have on there driving, hoons laws, power laws, engine capacity laws, occupant laws, RWC laws, testing... getting (and keeping) your licence is getting harder, alot harder... anyone >30 or there about has no idea about how hard it is today... Young drivers now are just as invincible as they were "back then" except now you cant get away with it.

How is it so hard? You buy an everyday car and just drive. Whats so hard about that?

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
As an older driver, I think it needs to be made harder now in regards to licenses, power restrictions etc. Before I get shot down in flames, it is because of the first cars available to young drivers now.
When I got my L's in the 70's, we only had to wait 2 weeks to get a full license (at the ripe old age of 16) - well before P's, log books etc.
However most of us were either still at school or earning $80-100/week. First cars for most people I knew were generally 10 year old Datsuns, Cortinas, etc. I would have loved an LJ/LH/ Torana, but could not afford one. GT XY's were grossly out of everyone's reach at $4,000 lol.
It was not as easy as today for youths to get large car loans.
I know the handling, safety and so on was abysmal compared to today, but you were only playing with 70 - 120 flywheel HP, and had to be a bit unlucky or stupid to get in trouble. By the time you had graduated to a more powerful car, hopefully your skills had improved.
Now they can go out and buy a cheap VL/VN - cheap because it has been flogged and not maintained correctly. As there is not a lot of money tied up in the car in relation to income, no big deal if you hurt it.
It also helped for us growing up in the country - whereas burnouts are now popular; we preferred spending time on clay pans and dirt tracks. Possible to hone skills in a low powered car without getting booked.
Anyway rant over - caveat lector - I did NOT say all P platers are hoons!!!

Last edited:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black

last time i checked hoon laws weren't just for p platers.

i do agree on the point where its getting harder and so it should, more experience with night driving and wet weather driving is needed.

never had an issue with police when i got pulled over whilst on my p's either

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
What a stupid cop. He just left one unroadworthy car on the road posing a risk to other drivers. If i knew who he was i'd dob the twit in to his superiors.

go in guns abazing :shooting:
im sure theyd be happy to hear your complaint

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
A first? A first is a P plater not acting all macho when pulled over thinking they are ABOVE the law. Many police I know all say the same things, todays youth think they are above everything and respect no one...I guess it explains why police pick on the younger ones so much these days, they make themselves such easy targets.

The OP< showing some respect using your manners etc goes along way eh? :)

cetainly does mate, most people dont appreciate some young kid thinkin hes top **** and im not keen to get on the bad side of the police or any authority figures really

Status
Not open for further replies.