Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so i got pulled over tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
So you had one opportunity where a cop was nice to you and suddenly all the other P Plater's in the world are wrong, rude, arrogant etc. etc.

Get off the boat mate, i've had plenty of cops that i say "sir" to (which i do every time) and never speak out of tern and still copped unnecessary crap from.

Good on you for not getting in trouble, just dont come back in a month when you actually do get a defect and try and sell your sob story.

The youth of today have it really hard with all the restrictions they have on there driving, hoons laws, power laws, engine capacity laws, occupant laws, RWC laws, testing... getting (and keeping) your licence is getting harder, alot harder... anyone >30 or there about has no idea about how hard it is today... Young drivers now are just as invincible as they were "back then" except now you cant get away with it.

aZk. (no, im not a p-plater)

no where in my post id i say that "all the other P Plater's in the world are wrong, rude, arrogant etc. etc." as you put it i said that alot of p platers come on here whining about how cops treat them like ****, and if i do get defected why would i come back on here and bitch and moan about it because ill just get flamed like everyone else not to mention how hypocritical that would be

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
I'm a P Plater and i can say without hesitation that a good majority of P Platers act like hero's on the roads....Not saying i haven't done some stupid things but its a fact p platers have more crashes, fast cars and no experiance... Therefore resulting in higher police attention. I you were a cop and saw a sus p platers car wouldn't you think to check it out... I Would, it would be my job...

I expect this post to be contested, but thats my opinion.

Ben

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
its a fact p platers have more crashes, fast cars and no experiance... Therefore resulting in higher police attention. I you were a cop and saw a sus p platers car wouldn't you think to check it out... I Would, it would be my job...

Ben

one of the most sensible things i've read here in weeks :thumbsup:

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
I have been pulled over maybe 20 times this year But to be fair I leave for work at 3am and live in a semi rural bit of a suburb (ie long rd in no houses and burnouts and dumped **** on side of rd)get the usual where you off to see my uniform let me go.though duruing the week in my van they never bother me ,just on a sat morning wjen going to work in the caprice

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I'm a P Plater and i can say without hesitation that a good majority of P Platers act like hero's on the roads....Not saying i haven't done some stupid things but its a fact p platers have more crashes, fast cars and no experiance... Therefore resulting in higher police attention. I you were a cop and saw a sus p platers car wouldn't you think to check it out... I Would, it would be my job...

Ben
Agreed. The trick is to not drive like a tool or have a suss looking car in the first place :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I usually keep out of these threads, but I've been on my P's for 3 years now, been pulled over once (while doing something illegal but let's not go there), and only had 3 or 4 RBTs. Almost every weekend I'm out driving a car full of drunk mates around at 3-5am, often with music blaring but never get looked at twice by the cops (well never pulled over anyway).
Funny how it's always the same people that get picked on, but its never their fault

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
My theory is that most P platers get caught when they are in the car with friends. aka showing off. If they are by themselves going to and from work they'll drive a lot more sensibly.

Personally I think your P plater women are the worst, especially in traffic! Darting in and out and just cus there a "cute" girl, still doesn’t mean ****, didn’t mean **** this morning when I gave one some lovely colourful morning language for nearly taking the front out of the ute just to get that one more spot... no indicating, no warning just bang!

The quicker everyone gets trained like the Fins do the better. Hell I’d do my licence again and pay what ever it cost! I’d love to learn how to control my car and how to react in curtain situations. I'm really thinking about doing some advanced driving courses.

Not so I feel like the king of the road and change around everywhere doing 110 because “I’ve got a certificate”, but just so I can guard myself against every other ****ing retard on the road.

I would hate to ride a bike! Constantly thinking that someone is going to pull out in front of you and end up in his or her boot…

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
It all depends on the particular police officer. I am a P plater, I drive a lowered commodore with 18" rims and a quite heavily modified engine. I used to drive a bog stock 84 sigma.

Take two examples.

First one was in the sigma, had held my license a week and was coming back from a cruise to mt cootha (for those not from brissy its a look out sort of place with a quite interesting road leading up it). I was pulled over for doing about 10 over the speed limit on the highway. Of course, this being my first encounter with the law, I was crapping myself.

On the back seat I had a marker cone which we picked up from a construction site.

Now I could of easily lied and said it was mine or whatever, and in hindsight should have, but I had always been told honesty is the best policy so I told the officer that we had pinched it.

Now I'd done all the right things, pulled over straight away, called him sir, been polite, etc. But because of a 10$ marker cone he decided to make me follow him back to a police station, have my prints taken and get a mugshot and was given a notice to appear for "Possesion of tainted property". I know I did wrong by flogging the marker, but please, who hasn't? is it really necessary to send a 17 year old to court and get a criminal record over?

I laugh about it now, but you must see my point?

Example two. This is in my commodore. Just recently I was heading out from my place to a friends house to chill out because there was alot of rough stuff going on for all us at the time. Just up the road from my house is a road which has no houses on one side (army reserves) and the other is farmland. It is a open road and the speed limit is 80, and having driven along it so many times I was not really caring about my speed and was doing about 120, flame me all you want I don't care, there was no other traffic around and I believe its safe enough. I had a silver aurion behind me that i was pretty sus on but to be honest couldn't give a flying f*** at the time. Of course after about 3 ks he pulls me over. He asks me to jump out of the car and asks me the routine questions, and I tell him where I'm going and why and after a few moments he says "well, just remember the public roads aren't a place to take frustration out" and shakes my hand and hops back in his car and drives off.

This post got really drawn out and long but all I'm trying to prove is it depends on the particular police officer. I've been pulled over numerous times and on the whole police officers are quite a decent reasonable bunch but like with every group of people there are the bad ones.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I've been pulled over numerous times (mostly when I was younger) and most of those cops were pricks. I've never copped a ticket for anything and some of my offences have been no seat belt, speeding, defect as in too low, too loud, tinting etc etc. Each time I got pulled over the cop had an attitude but every time I just got out of the car and was friendly with them and even crack jokes with them. After a little while they lighten up and have a laugh and then send me on my way with a warning.
Now who knows if I was lucky but in my opinion if I was a cop I would have an attitude cause I have seen some of the crap they cop everytime they pull someone up and at some stage they would have to just think stuff being nice. Remember that most times they pull over people for doing something wrong and the offender never believes that they deserve it even if they are speeding or driving a car with no suspension or exhaust. Yes sometimes they just pick someone cause they don't like the look of the car and that has happened to me but treat them with respect and who knows you might get left off, either way arguing with a cop gets you nowhere it just makes it take longer before they let you go.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
chris E - fair enough mate i can see your point, i was just trying to make the point that if your gunna be a ****wit and abuse cops, cos theyre doing theyre job theyre more then likely gunna book ya, where as if you polite and civil you might just get off with a warning, then again maybe you wont supose it depends of the coppa you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.