Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i heard a awful rumor about chev badges and the V8 supercars today

Do you car that Holdens Will be rebadged as " Chev" in texas?

• Yes this is absolute Bull###T

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • No i couldnt care less

Votes: 49 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
ok so i heard a rumor or so and i say rumor because i hate for this to be true personally

Apparently this year when the supercars go to Texas All Holden cars will be racing with chevy badges On them instead of the big Lion
Now someone please tell me this is false as i dont find this amusing creative or a good idea in any shape nor form
i think its crap that the Holden Supercar Teams are going over to texas with this idea in their heads and they would even conceive this is stupid and tbh disrespectful to the lion you are Holden Racing teams NOT chevy racing teams all this in the attempt to what make Americans happy ?

so the poll im asking is Do you give a #### or not ??

Last edited:

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Not really. In America, they want to advertise the local product, which is a Chevy.

At the end of the day, the car is a roll cage with a fibreglass body, it doesn't really matter.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
"Do you car that Holdens Will be rebadged as " Chev" in texas?"

Do you even english?

...also this has been happening for years...nothing new.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
missed the E my bad pissed of , happening for years on street cars yes replacing the badges when they go to America on the supercars ? yea they might be roll cages bodys and a engine but they are a Australian race team , what sense is there doing it for one race its more the representation of holden factor for me !

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
missed the E my bad pissed of , happening for years on street cars yes replacing the badges when they go to America on the supercars ? yea they might be roll cages bodys and a engine but they are a Australian race team , what sense is there doing it for one race its more the representation of holden factor for me !

To the rest of the world holden doesn't exist, they are just a tiny branch on the big tree of GM and chev are the recognised brand over there....highly unlikely it will ever change.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Ffs another chev badge thread. ####s gotta get a life

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
not about street cars anyone can just pass that off with a wave of the hand , and the reason no one knows what they are is because of stupid **** like this , this could've been a chance to show Holden around the world or atleast America and create some sort of desire admiration or what have you if possible. Gm + holden taking the easy way out and being just another " branch" of the GM head, cant believe im the only person who feels this way.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
not about street cars anyone can just pass that off with a wave of the hand , and the reason no one knows what they are is because of stupid **** like this , this could've been a chance to show holden around the world or atleast america and create some sort of desire admiration or what have you if possible. Gm + holden taking the easy way out and being just another " branch" of the gm head, cant believe im the only person who feels this way.

in 'murica dere aint no holden dere!!!, it's chev!...how clear does it need to be explained!

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
in 'murica dere aint no holden dere!!!, it's chev!...how clear does it need to be explained!

is that the point iv been trying to make .. no . the point im making is that its a stupid idea from teams itself , instead of getting the name out , they what change the badge for America so they understand its GM ?? educate dont change what could be seen as a Aussie Representation..

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
is that the point iv been trying to make .. no . the point im making is that its a stupid idea from teams itself , instead of getting the name out , they what change the badge for America so they understand its GM ?? educate dont change what could be seen as a Aussie Representation..

Holden is GM's bitch, they do what they're told.