Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i heard a awful rumor about chev badges and the V8 supercars today

Do you car that Holdens Will be rebadged as " Chev" in texas?

• Yes this is absolute Bull###T

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • No i couldnt care less

Votes: 49 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There was a thing on Speedcafe the other week saying there was the possibility of one car (most likely one of the HRT cars) to go the full Chev livery similar to the 07 Todd Kelly car. If it keeps the commodore selling and alive I don't mind too much.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
ok so i heard a rumor or so and i say rumor because i hate for this to be true personally

Apparently this year when the supercars go to Texas All Holden cars will be racing with chevy badges On them instead of the big Lion
Now someone please tell me this is false as i dont find this amusing creative or a good idea in any shape nor form
i think its crap that the Holden Supercar Teams are going over to texas with this idea in their heads and they would even conceive this is stupid and tbh disrespectful to the lion you are Holden Racing teams NOT chevy racing teams all this in the attempt to what make Americans happy ?

so the poll im asking is Do you give a #### or not ??

Couldn't care less.

I drive an Opel as a daily which is badged here as a holden.....same thing.

Cars need to be branded to suit their domestic market they are being sold in.

If they tried selling a VF badged as a Holden in the US I predict sales of maybe......3-4 cars?

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
lol i realize its to suit the market and its been done before as i think iv stated above , and yes to suit the market blah blah again iv stated above im not disagreeing with you of course they would do it my point was does it bother people that they are doing this NOT to a commodore on the street that you see and brush of BUT!!! a Australian ! Race . TEAM! Espcially HSV i no its not new i no its old news because when i look at my holden i dont go " ow wow what a product of GM " i look at my car AS a holden no matter what parts are in it because in Australia thats what it is , yes selling them in america under chev l, Pontiac Buick whatever makes sense again not arguing , im just saying taking a Aussie Race team over and changing it to suit is wrong , to me atleast , thats all im going to say on it just proving my point ...

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
....How has this not been closed yet.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
lol i realize its to suit the market and its been done before as i think iv stated above , and yes to suit the market blah blah again iv stated above im not disagreeing with you of course they would do it my point was does it bother people that they are doing this NOT to a commodore on the street that you see and brush of BUT!!! a Australian ! Race . TEAM! Espcially HSV i no its not new i no its old news because when i look at my holden i dont go " ow wow what a product of GM " i look at my car AS a holden no matter what parts are in it because in Australia thats what it is , yes selling them in america under chev l, Pontiac Buick whatever makes sense again not arguing , im just saying taking a Aussie Race team over and changing it to suit is wrong , to me atleast , thats all im going to say on it just proving my point ...
Your point is invalid, because the cars who's badges will be changed aren't even holdens! (also for your info, most of the teams aren't australian, Walkinshaw Racing is Scottish owned, T8 is aswell. Prodrive (FPV) isn't Australian. Only some of the smaller teams still are)

/thread :)

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
Yes everyone has a parent company or sponsor or backer yes but when you say HRT it's holden racing team not holden racing team / chevolet / Buick / pointiac . By your logic we should be branding vw with bagatti badges ? Or putting gm on every single Holden made now and the ones made before that ?

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Hi There!, I'm this thread! and I'm going round and round in circles!!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes everyone has a parent company or sponsor or backer yes but when you say HRT it's holden racing team not holden racing team / chevolet / Buick / pointiac . By your logic we should be branding vw with bagatti badges ? Or putting gm on every single Holden made now and the ones made before that ?

Congrats on not even reading my post.

The race cars you are crying about, aren't even HOLDENS. All 4 'brands' are identicle, and different panels are wrapped on the outside. Stop having a bitch about something that isn't even relevant in 2013.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
Yea stealthy no **** mate but the race team represents certain badges and teams like I said no matter what the parts are they are still owned and run by teams and what have you , but in the interest of not " going round and round " I'm going to drop it I can appreciate your opinion . Ad I have my own , ow and straya mate no ones
Making you click on the thread .

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea stealthy no **** mate but the race team represents certain badges and teams like I said no matter what the parts are they are still owned and run by teams and what have you , but in the interest of not " going round and round " I'm going to drop it I can appreciate your opinion . Ad I have my own , ow and straya mate no ones
Making you click on the thread .
The teams dont seem to have a problem with it, so i dont see how anyone else can...