Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So. I just had an accident thismorning :(

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
I thought I updated this, But I guess not lol

So we are 4 month past that, insurance is still on me about him saying its my fault, had to draw a stupid diagram so explain better what happened.

The total repair bill was $12,000 so it was damn close to being a write off. After I got the car back the tire got a massive split in it... Lucky it didn't blow out, as I drive on the highway everyday!

So onto now, There is a knock in the front end ( something is loose ).

Other than that, its a great fix, and I'm super happy to have it back.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
WTF are you still dealing with insurance companies about fault ? The cops should have sorted that out ages ago. You DID make a police report right ?

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny story with that. Right after the accident happened, I rang the cops. Of course the towies were there before them, they started going on about that its not more than 2K's damage and that if cops get involved the only thing that will happen is I'll end up with a fine for wreckless driving and failing to give way ( go figure ) and so will he.
So they said, we will talk to them and tell them they are not needed. Cops got there and took down all our details and got the story from me and him, ( to which I found out he is blaming me ) Then they left....

Insurance said that they can see how it would of happened but because the damage is on the SIDES of our cars, the cant actually tell who's at fault. So they needed me to draw a diagram just to show how it happened and what not...
I swear to god, If I have to go to court, I'm going to spit bricks!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i wouldn't be worried about court just yet, but if you are being accused of something and you think you are not at fault you need to get it sorted. Talk to the insurance to check what's going on, or go talk to those cops again - be confident as cop shops can be daunting places. The downside about getting cops involved is that they could fine you, but if its not your fault that won't happen. You can call the police assistance line annonamously and ask hypothetically who's as fault in that circumstance.:blah blah:
You never know, they might have already sent you a fine in the mail anyway so there's not much to loose.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
tell them they should have done their job properly and looked for these so called burnout marks. or even rubber in ur guards! ssssseriously

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not worried :) I know I'm not at fault. If I was, I'd pay the $1500 excess.

But we will see what happens. But so far its still his fault, but cant be fully finalized as he is still claiming its my fault.

Funnily enough, I have all his details. So if I loose, I'll just do burnouts on his grass haha... Not really. I'm not like that. He hit me, I doubt I could turn that hard into him without me realizing I was moving.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
QLD police tend not to attend accidents. We had a roll over write off on a dirt road. Involved hospital treatment and car was worth $4900 at the wreckers after. It was a 6 month old VY wagon. Non police attendance. Refused flat out to take statement.

Had a VZ wagon squashed between a truck and a car outside the PA hospital. No police attendance. Went to lodge a report and had to go to the Valley to find a police station that was open. They still didn't want to take a statement as it resembled work.

In both cases, the drivers were requiring hospital treatment and cars that were under 12 months old were written off. Police would not attend the scene and investigate. Quite poor service really as it adds to the issue.

Had a rental hit a pig outside Cairns. Car written off. Police not interested.

Latest one at work is a VZ that had a head on. Police called and no attendance. One driver ambulanced to hospital. One car (6 months old) written off.

Every accident that I was aware of in Melbourne involved trying not to get the police involved. In QLD you try and get them so that there is a formal record to reduce the repair times and hold the guilty party accountable. The cost and injury are not the reason for attending an accident - there simply are not enough police in QLD and too many accidents.

If you are involved in any accident (or witness one) take photos of the area, get details from witnesses (independent ones - not other drivers in the accident. Insurance companies consider them independent for some reason). Document damage, conditions etc. as there will be no other record of the incident.

Enough......