Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So. I just had an accident thismorning :(

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
So I was on the way taking my brother in law and friends daughter to school.
Some guy was infront of me doing 50KPH in a 60KPH zone. So It was just hit a double lane and I moved to the right lane to overtake ( he stayed in the left ) as I got half way past his car ( my Front left QP to his right A piller hi lux ute ) he decided to do a u-turn from the left lane and has hit me hard ( we are all OK )

Rang the cops, told them exactly what I wrote there ^^^. He said that his story goes different, and that I was doing a burnout around the corner, and he heard skids coming from way back behind him and then I hit him.

If I was at fault I would admit it, but thats the story, and insurance has said its HIS fault. so here are some pics of my poor car :(
Sorry I only have a couple of pics. Wont let me upload my camera photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0516[1].jpg
    IMG_0516[1].jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0517[1].jpg
    IMG_0517[1].jpg
    105 KB · Views: 615

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
That's easily fixable.
If you were doing a skid it will be clearly obvious. Your back tyre's will be shredded and there will be a skid marks, which look totally different to lock up marks.

So, if you're telling the truth you've nothing to worry about.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
So the Hilux decided to do a u-turn at 50 kph? Hmmm.... At least you have witnesses.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
was doing a burnout around the corner, and he heard skids coming from way back behind him and then I hit him.

From way back behind him. #### i wish my V6 had that much power. you spent that 1000 very well. haha. but seriously Some people (the luxy driver) are complete retards.

Glad your okay mate, a car is just money. Fixable. humans aint.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didnt spend that grand yet !!! thank ####. Having a look at the chassis rail, its taken a big hit. I think I can see a ripple in it and a slight bend. So I think its ####ed :(

Its insured for $15,000. So I will be buying it back ( if it is stuffed ) and scrapping it then buying a either a blue or impulsive blue sv6 as I want the blue on the car and I wanted a 5 speed. :)

On the up side too, I got an apprenticeship today !!! yay... haha.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
They have ripples and bend outwards as standard. So unless its pushed in it should be fine.

I got hit on the front drivers corner at 60kmh in a VY and it was all cosmetic...

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I told the story to the insurance, they said straight out it's hit fault because he didn't shoulder check while I was in his blind spot.
Hopefully find out tomorrow what the real damage is.. Sway bar has taken a big hit by the looks of it. ( will rescale the photo and post it up. )