Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so i swapped plenum's over and no she wont run

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
First of all i didnt get a chance to depressure the fuel system, as i was putting in a new**bleed bolt" when i refilling my cooling system** on the old plenum and i overtighten it resulting in a split with a nice hole..silly fatgiue got to me with the socket wrech :bang:

i drained the cooling system now ive changed plenum's over .....but i havent changed the "auxillary air control valve" or the ''throttle valve switch thing'' yet.. and refilled the cooling system

the top half of the plenum is from a r31 skyline... i havent used the bottom half with the injectors and coil "As the coil has a different connection"

my issue : she fires and runs for 1 second even a micro seconds and turns off..

the throttle cable i had a pain in the ass getting back on casue the new throttle on the plenum is tighter then the last so i may have flooded it?

im going to run an ecu test soon :bow:

should i invest in a torque wrench??? to redo the plenum bolts? my book has alot of torq settings...the bolts feel tight enough atm.

Cheers.

ps. all hoses are connected!

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
being fuel injected u have not flooded it you cant :p.
i would say possibly something with the vacuum lines, but then again it should not run at all.
I changed my plenum over (Caus i cleaned it + throttlebody) and ran so much better.
how about the TPS sensor did u change/Adjust that?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
being fuel injected u have not flooded it you cant :p.
i would say possibly something with the vacuum lines, but then again it should not run at all.
I changed my plenum over (Caus i cleaned it + throttlebody) and ran so much better.
how about the TPS sensor did u change/Adjust that?

TPS Sensor? another word for it? or whats it stand for? throttle postion sensor?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i found my problem the auxillary air control valve area is blocked to the sht house, ill unblock it and things should be sweet!! i hope :D

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Atm i have to rev it to get it to fire up but it backfires, ive taken the plenum off again and im going to further insect it for blocks...i know its not my afm or cas casue it all ran before i swapped plenums.. im going to reset the ecu to to see if it helps, ive swapped every part over to the newer plenum...

any think if its not tight enough it may be casuing this? the joins between the plenum

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Im thinking she maybe out of fuel as it reads on i little bit over E which would explain the backfiing.. ive hooked it back up im going to get some juice before i try it again :)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
u should never pump the throttle to start fuel injected cars. the backfire can damage the AFM very easily blows out the hot wire(hall Sensor) clean that AAC Valve and make sure the small pin moves very freely is the throttle body butterfly valve clean and clear not crap restricting airflow/ blocking the small pin hole at the base of the flap for idle. might pay to take it off unscrew the valve and clean it all up. Thats what i did and ran beautifully

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Could be a possibility i didnt replace a gasket there (between the 2 halfs of the intake)and i have not had a problem

Atm i have to rev it to get it to fire up but it backfires, ive taken the plenum off again and im going to further insect it for blocks...i know its not my afm or cas casue it all ran before i swapped plenums.. im going to reset the ecu to to see if it helps, ive swapped every part over to the newer plenum...

any think if its not tight enough it may be casuing this? the joins between the plenum

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
u should never pump the throttle to start fuel injected cars. the backfire can damage the AFM very easily blows out the hot wire(hall Sensor) clean that AAC Valve and make sure the small pin moves very freely is the throttle body butterfly valve clean and clear not crap restricting airflow/ blocking the small pin hole at the base of the flap for idle. might pay to take it off unscrew the valve and clean it all up. Thats what i did and ran beautifully

cheers mate , its all clean im going to get some juice then firing her up :D

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
added juice and it was nice to hear her running tonight but just soudning like a pig before she cuts out.... i suspect its my thorttle cable or something to do with the throttle im going to inspect it further in the daylight and do some adjustments and hit my book.

Last edited: