Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I was a guinnea pig for a delcowizzid tune...

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
So the chip arrived today, the interior of the package smelling of fresh New Zealand air (not really). I tipped it upside down and out fell my new memcal, upon closer inspection I noticed the eprom came complete with the sticker of a Kiwi on the erasing window, after chuckling to myself, I set off to the shed to throw it in the car.

With the memcal fitted, I hit the key, and reversed out of the shed, with the motor warm already, I thought to myself "why not" and once the car was pointing in the right direction, just stood on the loud pedal. What resulted could possibly be described as quite illegal in that both back tyres spun ferociously with the engine singing at 5,200rpm. "This doesn't usually happen" I thought to myself, and lifted off straight away due to legal reasons, and the fact my neighbours don't need any more reason to complain about noise.

So I set off on my test-drive, got out onto an open back road and gave it hell (up to the speed limit), it was like driving an entirely new car, with an entirely different engine, power delivery was much smoother, whilst being so much more aggressive. Not bad!

After clocking up about 100kms of driving through hills and what-not, the verdict is that delcowizzid can really deliver the goods when it comes to a chip, behaves beautifully, smoothly, and yet when you sink the boot into it, you can really feel the difference.

This tune was based on the BAAM tune, and tweaked to suit my car by supplying him with logs from WinALDL whilst running the stock chip, and doing a few 0-100s etc.

Bear in mind, my car has a complete set of intake/exhaust bolt on mods.

I hope you enjoyed my little story (I was feeling creative), and the bottom line is, if you're looking for a tune, there's definitely a new kid on the block worth considering around here.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I was glad to hear in your email that it got rid of that boggy patch changing to second with the shift kit/corvete servo bet that helps it get up better.you will probably find its a bit of a pain pulling into traffic especially in the wet it makes a lot more torque down low and in the midrange makes taking off fast a bit of an art.should be able to overtake in a 50 zone with wheels spinning if it wasnt illegal.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yeah I'm waiting for a rainy day, see what surprises the auto pulls on me then! :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah ide ay in the wet will be interesting mate be carefull when it goes to second.VP's V6's are allways my favorite to do nice gains to be had.should be all good to run on 91 if you ever get caught short and its all there is to fill up with.

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
hey delcowizzid any chance you can do one for my vr?
ive been trying to get a greenfoam tune but can conctact him..
camstatic seems pretty happy with your tune though..
ive been running a haltech ecu but it seems to have some kind of fault now and wont run my engine at all... so i have the standard ecu back in and going back to the standard tune you really notice how poor it is lol so i just want a good tune until i get around to sending the haltech back for repairs... might not even put it back in.

thanks mate

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should be able to sort something mate im out of memcals till i get some returns but i can post a chip if you can solder it in.any particular mods cai extractors exhaust diff gears etcand what chip you running now.hook me up on msn if you want

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
Over the weekend I installed a delcowizzid tune into a bog stock VP v6 of my mates. It has just been converted to manual, 475000 ks unopened, 2nd owner. The results were very impressive, massive increase in torque esp in the lower revs, you can really feel the difference and see the speedo climb amazingly fast. I know many ecotecs it would put to shame now :D. The next stage is two turbos and 7 psi (to begin with) delcowizzid is going to help us out with the tuning of that too. He really knows his stuff.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip doesnt matter if its stock as a rock or got all the bits mate can soon wake the old V6 up with just a tune as you have just found out.and the 475000km engine didnt mind at all bet she has plenty left in it even with the turbos attached and spooling up soon.probably do the gearbox in before anything else goes.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
hey mate im going to buy a vp soon just so a thrash car/burnout car out on my property i have a huge concrete pad could you do me a wild tune for that

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah i have a burnout tune in the vault somewhere even with the normal tunes you will do awesome burnouts easy as with the burnout tune you cant really drive it on the street to easy its just not very good for driving in traffic