Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i went from a sports exhast to a stock system

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
+1 on that philthy. every v6 ive herd with a "catback" sounds ****. you will never get a holden v6 to soudn any good no matter what you do simply because of the way the firing order is. same with the 5l vs the LSX engines they sound completly differnt due to the new "refined" firing orders

the only 6 that sound good unfortunally are the F6's

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
I definately have to hear this! A stock v6 (isnt it?) with an oversized exhaust that not only doesn't drone, but actually sounds good....and better than a worked V8!

i never said it was worked v8, just a standard V8 with little or no exhaust mods. and define what you call stock.

Just record a 350 exhaust. Then stick it on loop in ur v6 stereo. Get all ur mates to sit in the car if you want them to hear the exhaust.

Lol, i like having some tunes while i drive.

Exactly, if you want a rumble and power get a V8. not a v6 with an exhaust.

Don't think P platers can drive a V8, or else i would think about it.:p

LOOOOOOL X10 :whistling

..wow you really are a dreamer

...?

And by the way, i'm not going to argue with you guys, i have been in v6's and v8's both worked and stock, and i know the difference in power and sound, i'm just saying i didn't know the difference between a stock system and a 3" sports system would be so dramatic, and anyone wondering if they should go a sports system in their car, i would say go for it.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
i never said it was worked v8, just a standard V8 with little or no exhaust mods. and define what you call stock.

And by the way, i'm not going to argue with you guys, i have been in v6's and v8's both worked and stock, and i know the difference in power and sound, i'm just saying i didn't know the difference between a stock system and a 3" sports system would be so dramatic, and anyone wondering if they should go a sports system in their car, i would say go for it.

You said it sounded better than "harder than any v8 you have ever heard", and I just assumed you had (at least in passing, or on youtube etc) heard a worked v8, like a car should sound. If not, then you really aren't qualified to be judging what sounds "good".

EDIT: Apparently you have been in worked v8s, yet you still claim yours to be better?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I had a 3" sports system, with the muffler to suit, giving the neighbors hell doesn't phase me, and my v6 with 3" sports system sounded harder then any v8 i have heard.

bahaha. your username suits you well. dreamer
i never said it was worked v8, just a standard V8 with little or no exhaust mods.

but you did say worked v8, as you said it sounded better than ANY v8 youve heard. since you have been in a worked v8, that must include those

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
You said it sounded better than "harder than any v8 you have ever heard", and I just assumed you had (at least in passing, or on youtube etc) heard a worked v8, like a car should sound. If not, then you really aren't qualified to be judging what sounds "good".

EDIT: Apparently you have been in worked v8s, yet you still claim yours to be better?

Good point, I worded it wrong.

and sorry i didn't realise i posted 3 times.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I had a 3" sports system, with the muffler to suit, giving the neighbors hell doesn't phase me, and my v6 with 3" sports system sounded harder then any v8 i have heard.

Have some ****ing respect. it's people like you who keep hardworking individuals awake at night with your ridiculous sounding unroadworthy old commodore.
And it's harder than, not then. English.

Pfft.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32

You haven't heard any real v8 then... hahahaha.. just coz i have a v6 doesn't mean its the toughest ****en thing in the world

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Im sitting on the fence here.
I myself drive a vt v6
Its quiet loud having full exhaust system and also being cammed and for a 6 its sound quiet rrespetable.
I wouldnt say its obnoxious or anything but it is noticebale.
I do hate going out on weekends when im designated driver cause i always feel bad driving through the small streets 3 in the morning.
I try to drive it as quiet as possible but my friend told me he hears my car all way up end of street which didnt make me feel any better..
I just think its the people that roar through the streets at that time that are the problem...

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
VT Clubsport vs. VZ SV6(with Extractors and Cat-Back) .. i must say the the little V6 did sound sort of close to the same .. say 65/35 =]