Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i went from a sports exhast to a stock system

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
My car failed roadworthy, the exhaust system it had on it was too loud, so i was forced to get it replaced with a stock exhaust system and muffler, (i could only afford the stock one) and the difference in how it sounds is amazing, i could barely hear the engine while i was driving, but when i had the sorts exhaust people could hear me coming from blocks away, now every time i start my car (until i can pass road worthy, get my car registered and pay for a new exhaust system) i die a little inside.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
and????

Was it defected or was it just going for a roady?
Mines completly roadworthy and I have a 2.5" sports system.
I also have a resi and rear muffler to keep it quiet;)

Its legal to have a sports system aslong as you do two things..
1. Have all the polution gear and muflers ect...
2. Have a leaking stock exhaust and need it to be replaced.

If my 2.5" exhaust was as quiet as stock I would be in heaven, but it needed the extra power!
Its worth sacrificing quietness for a bit of power IMO.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
^^^agreed. I don't see why you would want people to hear you coming from a mile away. All you do is piss off the neighbours every time you start your car. You don't look cool, and it probably doesnt sound fast or powerful

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
^^^agreed. I don't see why you would want people to hear you coming from a mile away. All you do is piss off the neighbours every time you start your car. You don't look cool, and it probably doesnt sound fast or powerful

x3. Shits the neighbours off, shits the animals in the street off and generally makes a person look like a ********. Stick to the stock system unless you can find and afford one that sounds nice without being obnoxious.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition

Exactly, if you want a rumble and power get a V8. not a v6 with an exhaust.

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Exactly, if you want a rumble and power get a V8. not a v6 with an exhaust.

I had a 3" sports system, with the muffler to suit, giving the neighbors hell doesn't phase me, and my v6 with 3" sports system sounded harder then any v8 i have heard.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
I had a 3" sports system, with the muffler to suit, giving the neighbors hell doesn't phase me, and my v6 with 3" sports system sounded harder then any v8 i have heard.

LOOOOOOL X10 :whistling

..wow you really are a dreamer

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition

a V8 with a 2.5" exhaust sounds fairly nice. but no wonder it got defected 3" exhaust LOL.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina

i highly doubt that lad lol