Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so I went out looking for a vito

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
Gday all it's been a while since ive done one of these, near on 2 years in fact. Some members might know me by my old isername and car lowvpcal, white over grey vp calais locala.
I sold that car nearly a year ago now due to losing my licence for 2 years.
Around the end of January this year I decided I wanna build a car in anticipation of getting my license back in January 2014. As the title says I went out looking for a neat Mercedes vito, something ive never considered before but definitely modify-able. I came home that night in a wh grange 250 ls1.
And its gorgeous. I bought it completely bog stock from a dealership in knox for a number that if I couldn't believe let alone turn down. Odo reads high-ish but the test drive was what convinced me to hand over cash and take it home. Anyway
Colour: Tungsten Pearl
Trim: Shale leather/Pewter trim
Klms: 252654 at time of purchase
Engine/trans: hsv 250 ls1/stock 4l60e
Diff: stock hsv lsd
Exhaust: stock hsv twin stainless steel
Suspension: hsv springs, stock monroe gt gas front/stock monroe sensatrac level ride

Mods done: genuine hsv 300 engine covers, genuine holden whii statesman international projector headlights, slotted front and rear rotors bendix ultimate pads, lenso eminence 20x8.5 black gace polished lip with 225/35r20 directional front and 245/30r20 asymmetric rear tires, kenwood touch screen dvd headunit, all stock speakers replaced with jl audio items (more to come), complete super pro polyurethane front and rear bushes, hsv deleted caprice options fitted (roof lining with accessories and headphone plugs in parcel shelf), ls6 intake manifold, injectors and rails, all fluids and filters replaced with oem and and penrite items, k&n panel filter, t/b coolant bypass, ngk double platinum plug's, msd 8.8mm leads

I have ready and waiting: roof turret with factory fitted sunroof, 4 into 1 stainless steel headers (1 7/8" primaries, tuned length pipes, 3" outlets and 4 bolt flanges), complete black wh caprice interior (only using doortrims), jl audio stereo 4subs, 3x sets of splits, 4" coax and 6" coax, 2x jl audio slash v2 300/4 1x jl audio slash v2 1000/1 amps, ve senator foams on 8way electric vz frames with siab, wl grange rear bench, every exterior badge, vy vz sunglasses holder, 9" screens for rear passengers, pre 30% tinted doors and rear quarter windows (rear window is next),

Future mods: sunroof installed, complete matte black vinyl wrap after front bar respray and other paint chips/imperfections repaired, front grill chrome dipped, grill and lower intake mesh repolished, delete passenger guard aerial, towbar and rear window antenna, headlight matching fog light set, custom made to fit vx senator roof spoiler, knock a shade or two off the red part of taillights with film tint but leave the chrome part, twin 3" stainless steel exhaust, 200cpsi cats, new lukey centre mufflers straight through pipes out back with matte black offset tips, new 10-spoke matte black with polished pinstripe lip 20's, hsv/harrop premium brake package, harrop anti tramp diff cover, rebuilt 4l65e with 2300 stall, stage 2 shift kit, oversize kevlar bands, corvette servos, teflon coated clevite b respray ushings, raybestos z pak clutch, vy/vz linkage, coilovers up front with vy gts adjustable ohlins dampers and fully adjustable coil replacement air bag system in rear with level ride, retrimmed interior onyx and light reed perforated leather, canbus led taillights/all interior/boot conversion, custom boot install, lower 1/3 of door cards, custom dash pods for tweeters, 92mm throat, billet rails and joiner pipe, mafless tune, considering a wl caprice dash and console conversion, vy vz scuttle panel and wipers etc etc

heaps more to be listed but this will do for now. Pics!?

Mobile Photobucket

Cheers

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
No body asked but ill tell yall of a few updates anyway.
Scored a harrop sports difcondition mounting bracket, all bolts and abs sensor mounts
Found a mint condition framed promo poster signed by Mark skaife and a mint condition sales brochure for my car no creases bends etc
Picked a front set of Lovells super low springs for the new hsv Monroe sensatrac front struts just gotta find rears now
50% of the interior is ready to be installed. WL dash, pillar trims and caprice roof with all ancillaries. Just need wk body loom and computer, complete centre console and a wk caprice cluster
I'm sure I've forgotten a few things ah well that's it for now

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
looks like you are putting a fair bit of effort into it, those pics are really tiny in case you didn't know.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If you lost your license, how did you test drive the car? Guess you haven't learnt your lesson yet eh?

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
@mpower- I didn't know that. Sorry ill see if I can make them bigger and keep the image quality

@Big-Al- yea you caught me. But I swear I haven't driven it since. I got bored and itchy plus I had the cash on me...beside the point I know

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Click on the link.. I think because that's a mobile link the pics are smaller. Try going to photobucket.com then searching for lowvpcal

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update the ve senator signature foams are trimmed in theyre temporary black leather with silver stitching, exhaust has been fitted, now have 2 complete (less seats) wk caprice interiors (black and cream, shale and cream) booked in for a tune to suit the exhaust, gts c4b cam, lifters, valve springs, retainers, throttle body, ls2 injectors and fuel rail, ls6 inlet manifold...
I have the rear seat from the wl grange set I have at the trimmers being recovered to match the fronts when completed (black sides, back, headrest and chin with cream face and grange embroidered underneath chin) and the wl sunroof and roof skin will be installed in the coming weeks.. followed by the vinyl wrap and dash and body loom conversion..
Grange no.0036 is pretty busy where as grange no.0167 is being patient until I decide what to do with it.. im thinking of having a best of both worlds thing where ive got a modified and played with street driven 'show car' and then for the rest of the week an immaculatly a1 kept 100% original with every option...few new pics are up