Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i woke up this morning & thought 'what if i sell my car' i'd love ypur opinion!

holdengirl17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SV6 sport wagon & a VX SII Executive
I'm always full of random thoughts and before i go and set my mind to something i wouldn't mind some opinions...

I have a white Automatic VX series II executive with a clubsport bodykit, with 17inch VT SS rims, it's got 2 1/2 inch cat back, and an awesome stereo system (2 amps, sub, & speakers in front & parcel shelf)
I have recently done a bit of work, but it was more so just getting it back up to scratch like replacing sagging roof lining, installing an antenna, as i didn't have one.. & just a few other minor things.. it's done 217,000 i've done 18,000 since Feb 2009 :/

Ideally i'd like to hang onto my car for a long time, I love the shape of the vx..
I'll even consider slapping a v8 in her when the kms are higher & i'm off my p's...

I currently have a brand new front bumper sitting at home, waiting to be primed, painted & fitted...
A previous owner didn't drive with care and the front bumper is.. well it's beyond repair!
The duco is peeling on my spoiler & rear bumper, and the dodo that painted the bodykit didn't match the paint, so I'm going to get those parts sanded back & resprayed anyway....
My bonnet has a few chips on it, & i'm fussy so i'll eventualy get that resprayed too..
I want my car lowered but that's gonna be a couple of grand.. i want it done properly, don't want my tyres rubbing out.
I HATE manual wind up windows, i want electric....
My aircon needs regasing...

So anyway.....

WHAT IF rather than continuing on with the mods on my exec.. WHAT IF

I sold my car &&&& bought a vx II Calais, that's already lowered, & has lower km..

What if i got a profit from my car and used the extra $$ to buy the side skirts & rear bumper for a clubsport & put them on the calais, got the catback done & got extractors... then i'd have a lowered vx with a clubby kit & all the calais extras & lower kms... & maybe if lucks on my side i could get a black calais :)

I bought my car for next to nothing anyway it was the bargain of the century!!!

What do you guys think??

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
keep it. just fix what needs fixing, bumper, air con etc.. keep it maintained. dont spend money lowering it as you wont get it back when you do sell. just save your pennys for a couple of years, not hard to do, THEN go and buy your calais with a v8 and electric windows. just exercise a bit of patience.. thats if your not married or brought a house by then..lol

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
Keep it and rip the clubsport kit off. It's an executive.

holdengirl17

Reaction score
Members Ride
each to their own, I personally like the kit, there's only the holden badge on the boot & the bonnet, I'm not trying to make it something it's not.

I won't bother lowering it, that's why I was thinking of buying a already lowered calais if i did buy another car.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
A calais with a clubby kit wouldn't go too bad actually - you get all the nice leather-y things inside - plus the electronic bits too - and it looks mean on the outside. I'm not too sure about VX's but I know VY berlina's and calais' use different tail lights to what their clubsport models use. Probably something to look into before you start and find all sorts of unexpected expenses popping up.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I did the exact thinking you did with your car with my ute.

Never again.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I doubt you will get a profit from your car, it very rarely happens. It also depends how low you want to go, you could probably buy second hand fe2 suspension fairly cheap. IMO fix the little things that will turn peope off your car, save heaps and wait until you can driver a s/c or v8 then sell your vx an buy a calais or clubsport or hbd or whatever you would like. And devil what exactly did you do?

holdengirl17

Reaction score
Members Ride
DevilDRake what did you do??

thanks for your opinion guys, i'll see how i go..
& by profit i mean i got my car for dirt cheap, so no matter what i'll be infront :)
i was just thinking of getting a car with lower kms... why not get a calais do some minor things to that then later on down the track when i've had more years of driving experience i'll get something alot better :)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
just wait till your off your p's mate and get a v8, if you really love your car and think that you will use it for 5+ years but the body kit and what not on and go wild

COL3SY

COL3SY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
keep ya car till you are off your p's i was in the same situation as you by the time you are off your p's the price of cars will drop abit save ya money and get something better when you are off ya p's :)