Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I'm getting a new exhaust system and this is what the guys said to me

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
In my personal opinion they sound better and deeper with the smaller hotdog in the tail pipe which was the $390 I quoted plus tip. We use theredback centre and the straight tailpipe and cut a hotdog into it. We have done plenty of these and that gives the best sound

Is this true he said this will make my car sound deeper and because that's what I'm after is he right ?

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
He's talking about a 2.5 redback cat back system with no resonator in it but with a small hot dog cut in it

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
In my personal opinion they sound better and deeper with the smaller hotdog in the tail pipe which was the $390 I quoted plus tip. We use theredback centre and the straight tailpipe and cut a hotdog into it. We have done plenty of these and that gives the best sound

Is this true he said this will make my car sound deeper and because that's what I'm after is he right ?
l had twin xforce 2.5 with twin rear 3" hotys on the back. Under load at certain rpm you could experience a ecco rather than a v8 roar. I've now removed the entire exhaust fitting a full pacemaker system 2.5 twin no hotys and has been a noticeable improvement power and sound. I like the v8 growl.

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Yeah bro my system is not xforce it will be redback cat back 2.5 no resonator but small hot dog cut in it so hopefully sounds mean

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Yeah bro my system is not xforce it will be redback cat back 2.5 no resonator but small hot dog cut in it so hopefully sounds mean
both redback and xforce look identical to me. If l can give you some advice, you will benefit greatly fitting extractors and cats with your new exhaust whatever brand you choose. Ditch the hottys idea..

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
both redback and xforce look identical to me. If l can give you some advice, you will benefit greatly fitting extractors and cats with your new exhaust whatever brand you choose. Ditch the hottys idea..
Yeah I'm getting extractors next month but hopefully this set up that he has arranged is good and deep and growly like I asked for it was his persnol opinion I asked for the set up he is giving me sounds like it will be very loud and deep just have to see on the day if I like the note I hope I do I'll get back to you to tell you if it was good or not

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Personal opinion means dick, what sounds good to you might sound like ass to me....